Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

Plays beautifully, the neck is amazing.  Sound wise very J bass.  Picks are pretty hot so are wound down a mm or two lower than on a typical jazz bass.  Still playing with the VVT set up to explore all the options, first impressions are extremely positive though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ead said:

NBD :)

Arrived this morning.  It's basically an "if Geddy had visited Sandberg" bass.  Satin body, the Black Label Pickups and passive VVT electrics.  Nice and light at 8lbs too.  Could decide on pickguard so got a couple of spares...

1340656154_TTGeddy01.thumb.jpeg.1fa4b76cb482aa262dcb36cd2845235f.jpeg

197964066_TTGeddy02.thumb.jpeg.ed7745a77df7c31f6f18699302793787.jpeg

886960694_TTGeddy03.thumb.jpg.53422643cf8dfbedc3b221a24a713a6d.jpg

80354970_TTGeddy04.thumb.jpg.358b03111602b3069d80011d55f47113.jpg

Sweet baby dear mother of Christ - that is an absolute corker - congrats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Holy Temple of Syrinx!!!!

Beautiful.

Anyone on here own an Electra TT? Was looking at Fender Player series for my next jazz bass but they could be a contender.

Not owned as after getting my MarloweDK I knew I needed no other jazz, I am sure someone here will pipe up, but if you look at the process.

The parts are made out east, but all final QC, assembly, wiring etc is done at HQ in Germany - incredible value for money and incredible basses

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 16:47, scrumpymike said:

Finally got round to grabbing a pic of my recently acquired (off this FS forum) Cali s-s.  Jazz Flats fitted, just completed my usual super-low set-up by doing the intonation, and I think this is a keeper - even though my two Andy Rogers 30"-scale custom builds will always be my go-to gig basses.  I can honestly say I'm deeply impressed with my first Sandberg.  It's the best sub-£1500 'manufactured' s-s bass I've played.

http://IMG-5689.jpg

This is now my grail bass should I be able to splurge one day! Stunningly beautiful SS. Very happy with my Squier Jags at the moment and not playing enough to justify a new buy, but always nice to have an aspiration :)

When you say 'super-low' setup do you mean the amount of effort you put into set up or that you have it with dropped tuning?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pineweasel said:

That’s a good looking bass. Can I ask where you got the replacement knobs? 

These are Sadowsky knobs.  There is a thread on here with sources to buy that are not in the USA:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Not owned as after getting my MarloweDK I knew I needed no other jazz, I am sure someone here will pipe up, but if you look at the process.

The parts are made out east, but all final QC, assembly, wiring etc is done at HQ in Germany - incredible value for money and incredible basses

Thanks guys

• Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 18:34, joseb84 said:

This is now my grail bass should I be able to splurge one day! Stunningly beautiful SS. Very happy with my Squier Jags at the moment and not playing enough to justify a new buy, but always nice to have an aspiration :)

When you say 'super-low' setup do you mean the amount of effort you put into set up or that you have it with dropped tuning?!

My body is feeling the effects of wear and tear after all these years so I set my basses up for minimum playing effort.

• Like 1

No worries - hopefully Konni is still there but the home one should work unless that was the one you tried before - must be difficult with on off COVID stuff, EU running at a different pace to us here and its a relatively small operation.

Hopefully you will get an answer 

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Thanks 1