Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

So last Saturday I ended up in Guitar Guitar in Glasgow and tried this:--

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180108320570002-1646681--sandberg-california-vm5-virgin-white-mn-blocks-hardcore

and now I want one. Don't need all of the hardcore aging, thanks - I can cause my own damage well enough!!

However, the sound of this was everything I need from a bass guitar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mangotango said:

So last Saturday I ended up in Guitar Guitar in Glasgow and tried this:--

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180108320570002-1646681--sandberg-california-vm5-virgin-white-mn-blocks-hardcore

and now I want one. Don't need all of the hardcore aging, thanks - I can cause my own damage well enough!!

However, the sound of this was everything I need from a bass guitar.

They are fine basses.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hutton said:

I have just taken delivery of a Sandberg California II TT4. Does anyone know of a hardcase that is a good fit?

:useless:

No idea about hardcases I'm afraid, both mine live in the Sandberg gig bags they came in.

30 minutes ago, ead said:

:useless:

No idea about hardcases I'm afraid, both mine live in the Sandberg gig bags they came in.

Thanks for the reply. I will post pics in due course. I take my pics outside and the weather hasn’t been great. Watch this space.👍

14 hours ago, Hutton said:

I have just taken delivery of a Sandberg California II TT4. Does anyone know of a hardcase that is a good fit?

I have one of each of these cases, they're both tougher than gig padded gig bags but not as heavy and bulky as a full flight case. Both are well made and fit my TT4 perfectly; 

Protection racket

Protec Contego

Both are great cases. If anything I prefer to the cheaper Protection racket one, it's every bit as well made and offers the same level of protection as the Contego but the zip seems a tad smoother and it has adjustable inserts that you can move about that fit into the contours of the bass body to stop it moving around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osiris said:

I have one of each of these cases, they're both tougher than gig padded gig bags but not as heavy and bulky as a full flight case. Both are well made and fit my TT4 perfectly; 

Protection racket

Protec Contego

Both are great cases. If anything I prefer to the cheaper Protection racket one, it's every bit as well made and offers the same level of protection as the Contego but the zip seems a tad smoother and it has adjustable inserts that you can move about that fit into the contours of the bass body to stop it moving around. 

Many thanks for this. I’ll have a look at these.

30 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Ordered this today to my specifications, I’ve been told it will be ready by March, can’t wait 😀

A4554FA1-29BC-4F91-9C6E-22469A0ECA53.jpeg

Who did you order it through?  I love the configurator and was thinking about ordering something along the lines of this but wasn't sure who to order through, bassdirect maybe?

download.png.61d49f9cdc86700ced06805b3a4a7143.png

Not a glamour shot by any means, but this is the guitar has set me on my current Sandberg lust...  My VT4.

IMG_20181123_195146.thumb.jpg.4e0b8ffc04cff0b7aea297fc97bca8ce.jpg

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Who did you order it through?  I love the configurator and was thinking about ordering something along the lines of this but wasn't sure who to order through, bassdirect maybe?

download.png.61d49f9cdc86700ced06805b3a4a7143.png

Not a glamour shot by any means, but this is the guitar has set me on my current Sandberg lust...  My VT4.

IMG_20181123_195146.thumb.jpg.4e0b8ffc04cff0b7aea297fc97bca8ce.jpg

Very nice 👍.   I ordered through my local PMT , bass direct were the same price so I just kept it local 

• Thanks 1