Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

I’d say they have a certain clank which can be quite gratifying but it won’t sound like a P bass if that’s what the heart really wants. I’ve not tried a dual TB set up but from the demo’s I’ve heard of the the Lull PT4 it again I’d a very fun rocky sound brighter and with good cut. The demo linked below might give you some idea and there’s obviously the classic Thunderbird tone.. some of what you’ll hear in the demo is the tonestyler adding it’s magic too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ramsay777 said:

Quick question for you guys/girls; is the V series body smaller than a P-Bass?

I've got an EBMM Sterling and I very much enjoy the dinky body shape

I think California II series is a bit smaller as it was also reshaped to be a lighter-weigh bass that the first series.

Ah man, I put my SL5 up for sale as it’s hardly been used (12 gigs since all this started in March) and I thought I’d free up some cash. Since listing it, I did a Facebook live gig Saturday just gone, now I don’t think I can part with it 😂

I rolled the pickup selector forward 50%, favouring the neck pickup, with a tiny bass boost and it just sounds so good. Really fat, precise and slightly vintage tones. I was going to downgrade and pocket the extra, but... it’s too good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LElls said:

I've just pulled the trigger on this but in 6 string and with an ebony ramp.  The waiting is the toughest part!

Sandberg.JPG

Do you mean you've bought a guitar :o  Burn him, for he is a witch.

• Like 1

I'm joining the club. Very good first impressions for my Thinline Custom, it sounds great and is really nice to play.

There isn't much written or filmed on these on the web. I feel like Sandberg, in a way, are one of the best kept secrets of the bass world. 

20201224_173700.thumb.jpg.d4da58cf4813d194e70b88fe1b70b74d.jpg

• Like 6

Here's a VM5 I got a couple of months ago, although I think it would look better with a tort pickguard.  However, the Sandberg shop (https://sandbergshop.gambiocloud.com) no longer seems to ship to the UK...

The only other place I can find is https://www.emma-music.com; never heard of them.  Has anyone used this French shop before?

Or does someone want to swap their tort for my black? 😀

Alternatively I can get one cut by Jack's Instrument Services.

XT3F8750.jpg

• Like 2

BTW for the eagle-eyed: it's a standard four-hole plate but I removed the preamp, so it's purely passive now, with the jack socket on top, a full-range tone knob (with 0.1uf cap), and a three-way pickup selector.  I replaced the stock Sandberg P pickup with an Aguilar 5P-60CL, and the bridge pickup has been rewired in parallel.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

Here's a VM5 I got a couple of months ago, although I think it would look better with a tort pickguard.  However, the Sandberg shop (https://sandbergshop.gambiocloud.com) no longer seems to ship to the UK...

The only other place I can find is https://www.emma-music.com; never heard of them.  Has anyone used this French shop before?

Or does someone want to swap their tort for my black? 😀

Alternatively I can get one cut by Jack's Instrument Services.

XT3F8750.jpg

I've uses Emma music for pickguards before. 

Shipping was a bit steep if I recall, tge plates turned up just fine. And good quality. 

• Thanks 1

I'm due a new custom TT imminently and, as I was dithering a bit over p/guard colour, I ordered 2 additional colours as well as the 'standard fit' item.  I know, I really am that shallow :$

• Like 2
  • Haha 1