Jump to content
Left leaderboard
GisserD

Sandberg appreciation society

Recommended Posts

Black label pick ups are glorious, great punch and precision to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That's nice but seems a wee bit expensive for a VS4. Might be worth looking around a bit.

I got my VM4 new for £1200. Vs4 is usually a bit cheaper.

Dave

Its out of reach for me at the moment, but tbh if I was going to spend that sort of money, it's going to be on a custom build. 

Just need people to buy my Fenders... 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought a few of the basses on the site were a bit pricey tbh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ead said:

I thought a few of the basses on the site were a bit pricey tbh.

Saw a couple of Nash P basses at Over £2k. I know they are good but i've seen Nash P basses sell for £800 and they were nice looking basses too

Having never tried one its hard to judge but even the Alembic seemed a tad pricey compared to other shops or BC.

Obviously i'm no Alembic expert either.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it's because he's based in Denmark, so maybe has higher taxes or business rates?

I think I'd probably order through Synergy distribution if I was buying new. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know them ?

The one i had originally been looking to have built was in Thomann exact same bass and then i saw the white one in Classic and Cool guitars and that was it for me. Love it, brilliant basses. I've played quite a few in shops tho so i knew what i was getting build wise.

I'd definitely consider a passive VS4 to keep my VM4 company.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Don't know them ?

Come to think about it, I can't remember how I heard about them. I seem to think he gets Bass Direct their stock, but don't hold me to that 

http://www.synergydistribution.co.uk/

6 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

The one i had originally been looking to have built was in Thomann exact same bass and then i saw the white one in Classic and Cool guitars and that was it for me. Love it, brilliant basses. I've played quite a few in shops tho so i knew what i was getting build wise.

I'd definitely consider a passive VS4 to keep my VM4 company.

Dave

I love them, best basses I've ever played.

A passive VS or VT is on my wishlist, just hoping a used one will pop up 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

I wonder if it's because he's based in Denmark, so maybe has higher taxes or business rates?

I think I'd probably order through Synergy distribution if I was buying new. 

 

Are you talking about Sandberg? I'm pretty sure they're German.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you want to buy a Sandberg, I recommend the following seller:

https://reverb.com/shop/todobajos
 

They’ve got a load listed with heavy discounts, plus they are very receptive to the ‘make an offer’ function at the moment due to the economic climate. They’re a bass guitar only store, and really are specialists in the matter and are one of the largest in Europe. Reverb only has some of their offerings, but their website has the remainder. The website had some nice markbass prices too. 
 

I ordered the Riedel signature on Wednesday last week from them and it arrived on Tuesday. Perfectly packaged, and exactly as described! Plus I got it at £400 off what would have been the standard price.

Edited by Bankai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

That's a tasty looking VM4.  Would love to hear what the black label pickups sound like.

Ask and you shall receive. I'm not a good player, so forgive the very aggressive fingering. 

I play the same thing four times:

1st time: DI via an amp sim, fingers over the P pickups
2nd time: DI via an amp sim, fingers over the M pickup
3rd time: Straight DI, fingers over the P pickups
4th time: Straight DI, fingers over the M pickup

All without EQ, compression etc. All settings on the bass are flat. Drop D

Riedel Demo.wav

Edited by Bankai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcnach said:

 

Are you talking about Sandberg? I'm pretty sure they're German.

No, Bass Buddha, a dealer who's bass I shared a bit earlier. 

A few of the guys find him a little pricey, I was just wondering if it was because of his location. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bankai said:

If you want to buy a Sandberg, I recommend the following seller:

https://reverb.com/shop/todobajos
 

They’ve got a load listed with heavy discounts, plus they are very receptive to the ‘make an offer’ function at the moment due to the economic climate. They’re a bass guitar only store, and really are specialists in the matter and are one of the largest in Europe. Reverb only has some of their offerings, but their website has the remainder. The website had some nice markbass prices too. 
 

I ordered the Riedel signature on Wednesday last week from them and it arrived on Tuesday. Perfectly packaged, and exactly as described! Plus I got it at £400 off what would have been the standard price.

Just had a quick lok first 10 pages and some really nice basses in there and some great prices albiet postage is gonna be a bit more expensive but still some nice gear i haven't seen before. Blue sunburst Rik bass was stunning.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know very little about Sandberg basses or the company's history, but I did fall for, and buy, this about three months ago.

Used it for our February gig, since when it hasn't left its case!

IMG_2003.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

I know very little about Sandberg basses or the company's history, but I did fall for, and buy, this about three months ago.

Used it for our February gig, since when it hasn't left its case!

IMG_2003.jpeg

That's a very nice looking Panther bass Dave. not seen one that colour before. How does it sound ? Is it like any other type of bass you've tried ?

Almost bought one a few yrs back in burl maple but was a bit too much of a stretch on my budget.

Dave 

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That's a very nice looking Panther bass Dave. not seen one that colour before. How does it sound ? Is it like any other type of bass you've tried ?

Almost bought one a few yrs back in burl maple but was a bit too much of a stretch on my budget.

Dave 

Dave

Sounds great, lovely 'singing' tone on the G string - bit like a Jazz bass on steroids. It is a lovely bass, but currently I am completely obsessed with my Epiphone JCB - so comfortable. I do remember noting that the Panther was the only bass I've had that I could play a full Dudes' show with without getting any hand cramp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Panther is a vastly underrated bass, beautiful skill and craftsmanship and super thin contoured body - the sound really surprised me.

Joy to listen to and play

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

No, Bass Buddha, a dealer who's bass I shared a bit earlier. 

A few of the guys find him a little pricey, I was just wondering if it was because of his location. 

 

Oh I see, I missed that.

For the longest time I thought Sandberg were Swedish (???), not sure why, so I was wondering whether you had a similar scandinavian confusion.

;)

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Just had a quick lok first 10 pages and some really nice basses in there and some great prices albiet postage is gonna be a bit more expensive but still some nice gear i haven't seen before. Blue sunburst Rik bass was stunning.

Dave

If you buy via Reverb, shipping is free and included in the item price ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bankai said:

If you buy via Reverb, shipping is free and included in the item price ;)

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That's good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

I should clarify, I mean Todobajos include shipping in their prices on Reverb. Not all of the retailers on there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I played a couple of those Sandberg ones pictured - and yes they had that old school single coil/51 P thump, they were very cool

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

I played a couple of those Sandberg ones pictured - and yes they had that old school single coil/51 P thump, they were very cool

I didn't even know they made these. Was it a special factory run or something do you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

I didn't even know they made these. Was it a special factory run or something do you know? 

Ditto, first time I've seen one.  Just need a Sandberg version of the Tele headstock now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New camera, zero gigs = photoshoot... 

The TT5 SL is still the one, been playing it more in passive mode lately, will never fail to appreciate the lack of weight, balance and playability of this one! 

1 (1).jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...