Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to snap up this VM5 the other week... I've never had a more playable 5 string and it's lighter than any 4 I've owned!

Also spotted our friend Mark (Limelight/Classic & Cool Guitars) has got some new 'Stealth' VMs coming in that I thought looked pretty cool! 

Another VM4 on the way too... I've developed a slight habit!

71312679_2855650307779878_5112628798851907584_o.jpg

Sandberg-VM4-black-chrome-ebony14-940x457.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

I managed to snap up this VM5 the other week... I've never had a more playable 5 string and it's lighter than any 4 I've owned!

Also spotted our friend Mark (Limelight/Classic & Cool Guitars) has got some new 'Stealth' VMs coming in that I thought looked pretty cool! 

Another VM4 on the way too... I've developed a slight habit!

Sandberg-VM4-black-chrome-ebony14-940x457.jpg

my god thats a beaut! where did you find it>?

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 11:03, knicknack said:

That's absolutely beautiful. I love that Sandberg creme colour, either with white or tort' guard. Lovely relicing on that one too - the bits that have yellowed even more look great.
Am after a VM4 myself but will only be able to stretch to one of the cheaper models. Just can't find the right combination of colour and weight anywhere local enough to try. 

• Like 1

84AC907E-81A1-4604-A058-D969405190A0.thumb.jpeg.bb99b7ae3bbe4d39ffffaf5df12dfba8.jpegI have a series 1 aged TT4 custom made with a banded neck... it is beautiful but need a 5 string... if anyone is interested in swapping a Sandberg 5 string jazz, pref aged? Any takers for this beautiful 4 string... After a TT or TM 5?

Edited by Biggsy2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Baceface said:

That's absolutely beautiful. I love that Sandberg creme colour, either with white or tort' guard. Lovely relicing on that one too - the bits that have yellowed even more look great.
Am after a VM4 myself but will only be able to stretch to one of the cheaper models. Just can't find the right combination of colour and weight anywhere local enough to try. 

I love the way the wood has been aged on this one, some of the most authentic I've seen! 

I actually may have a Creme HCA VM4 available soon... I've got one I ordered a while ago (Blue has kind of become my thing!) arriving imminently and as long as I love it as much as my others I'm considering letting my first one go... drop me a message if you'd like to chat! 

3 hours ago, knicknack said:I actually may have a Creme HCA VM4 available soon... I've got one I ordered a while ago (Blue has kind of become my thing!) arriving imminently and as long as I love it as much as my others I'm considering letting my first one go... drop me a message if you'd like to chat! 

How can you, Paddy - you’re  separating our twins!

😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the sig basses all have ever so slightly different pick up places from the normal models even though they apparently look the same.

The Grand Dark has a longer scale length and the a dark Glass tone capsule, with Sandberg black label pick ups.

Ida will be more like the type of music she plays but still versatile, the Grand dark is punchy, goes deep and has the 3 band EQ Bass, low mid, high mid.

They both feel great and although I am sitting on the fence a little as it will depend on what you like, what else you play through pedals/amp etc. You will get a quality bass either way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

It’s an easy fix if that’s what you want by adding a stacked knob from someone like Noll electronics  the 3 band are  normally custom so they may be scarce.....

Yeah I was considering a custom order.... but not sure if it's worth it or not and wanted to know if it would affect the appearance or tone significantly.

They tend to use Glockenlang pre amps so if you see one on their site, then you can ask for it, and they have also used Noll Electronics - both German companies.

They also use the Darkglass tone capsule which is 3 band

You May get the whole lot into existing holes, although it’s probably an upcharge 

• Like 1

I saw a 3.3Kg five string jazz on the Bass Direct Facebook page this morning, if it was in a different finish I'd have been hard pressed not to get the credit card out.

At £1400 it was far cheaper than I was expecting for a quality bass of that weight