Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

18 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

I'd beware that those instruments actually exist and won't just be ordered from Sandberg with those  specs with long lead times.

I actually ordered the Masterpiece 8 months or more back but BAX could give me no guarantees that that was the actual instrument I'd get, or was in stock at their suppliers even, so I chickened out and cancelled.

It was a slightly higher price then though.

7 minutes ago, Opticaleye said:

I'd beware that those instruments actually exist and won't just be ordered from Sandberg with those  specs with long lead times.

I actually ordered the Masterpiece 8 months or more back but BAX could give me no guarantees that that was the actual instrument I'd get, or was in stock at their suppliers even, so I chickened out and cancelled.

It was a slightly higher price then though.

Yeah I seen that - those ones are listed at 4 days I think, some like the DK say 11 weeks, I think that Umbo has been hanging around for a while and I nearly moved on it a while back and it goes up and down in price. I was going to compare it to my existing TT, but then the price jumped to over a grand again - that day - they look at Marlow forces and exchange rates and alter things - I think my multiple enquiries whilst thinking made them look for more profit!

They also have a generic Korea/Germany country of origin and list it as basswood/linden and not Alder.

Fingers crossed it may be OK

But I am not buying right now!

Edited by Cuzzie

NBD for me!

I picked up this VM4 from the classifieds earlier today, It's a 2013 so the body shape is more traditional P than my newer VT4 and so a little heavier but I really wanted to give a MM style pickup a go.

sandbergs.thumb.jpg.8c4817e4adcbf9db10825b1d4f358b75.jpg

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

NBD for me!

I picked up this VM4 from the classifieds earlier today, It's a 2013 so the body shape is more traditional P than my newer VT4 and so a little heavier but I really wanted to give a MM pickup a go.

sandbergs.thumb.jpg.8c4817e4adcbf9db10825b1d4f358b75.jpg

I was so tempted by this one myself, very cool. Nice VT too BTW 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, knicknack said:

https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/sandberg-vs4-red/

Tried this over the weekend... wasn't really into some of the more modern Sandbergs but this one is a beast. Sorely tempted...

Sandberg-VS4-dakota6-940x457.jpg

I commissioned this one originally.  It's a really nice bass and I regret having to sell it (had to raise some cash for a personal thing).

VS4 is produced all in Germany and their ‘flagship’ range

Electra is their range where the parts are manufactured out east, but assembly and final check in Germany, so not budget, just a bit cheaper - they tend not to have any aged finishes either

• Like 1