Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

12 years separate these acquisitions. The colour scheme is purely coincidental, they just happened to be available in that colour on offer in 2  separate German outlets 🤷‍♂️

F7EC7A9E-057D-4951-9FA1-9761AD45BD60.jpeg

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 4

Joined the Sandberg club during the week with this left handed Sandberg California TT4. Gigged with it last night, sounded a lot punchier than the Fender Jazz I previously owned. Loving the neck profile which somewhere between a P bass & Jazz bass. It makes two hour plus gigs so much more enjoyable. One happy chap 😀

8A95F04C-BA6B-4BA6-988C-96229D179694.jpeg

0E48B337-78D7-44FE-AD75-E498ACF5A009.jpeg

• Like 7

The beastie has landed.  Very pleased with it, punchier than a punchy thing that walked into a bar looking for a fight.  I've put some flats on the bass as a bit of an experiment but it turns out that they work really well.

Here's a couple of pics.  Apols for the mediocre quality.  I'll get some better ones when the light is better.

922198806_DH(1of1).thumb.jpg.1c290e2db56e8943376e7e31d1e66c2d.jpg

631927498_DH(2of1).thumb.jpg.1e52c7f242553a05b7d420126619083e.jpg

• Like 3

I made the mistake of trying a Nighthawk 5 again in GuitarGuitar today. 

A VM5 is definitely the one, especially with the black label pickups. The sales guys did their very best but I'm just not in the right place to buy one. Definitely regret not buying one a couple of years ago when prices were lower 😅

Edited by BassApprentice

On 12/03/2022 at 19:18, Vanheusen77 said:

Hello Sandberg enthusiasts! I’m getting either a TT or TM and I am wondering how they compare in the coil tap mode.

Hello,

I've actualy got both at home.

;)

The TM5 sounds more "modern", not very JB like tone, even in single coil mode.

You must be aware that it won't realy cop a JB tone or MM tone.

It gets a sound of it own and what a sound !

The TT5 is closer to a JB, especialy in passive mode.

I was supposed to sell the TM5 when I got the TT5 but I'm not so sure... the slap tone of the TM is very Henrik Linder like... modern, hifi, incredible.

I also love the humbucker soloed with highends rolled off... think Jaco with much more autority and bass impact...

To make it short, a TM is not a jazz bass but has realy got something special that a TT cannot get.

Hope it helps and don't hesitate to search for my post in this topic, I thing I've posted a few viedo of my TM.

;)

On 12/03/2022 at 18:18, Vanheusen77 said:

Hello Sandberg enthusiasts! I’m getting either a TT or TM and I am wondering how they compare in the coil tap mode.

I won't say they are similar. Twelve or so years ago I went into PMT fully expecting me to walk away with a TM. To me the TM could do everything a TT could do, and then some. The reality was different: the TT had a sound that couldn't be emulated with a TM, even in single coil mode, and the TT with both pickups wide open was my favourite sound, so that was what I purchased. It was so long ago that I cannot give any more details than that, but I spent a while in the shop, and got the staff to play while I listened. Even they were surprised that they themselves prefered the TT over the TM in single coil mode.

Of course that's a subjective opinion on which one was better, but I don't think it's controversial to say that they didn't sound similar at all.

Just been watching a few vids on youtube, and this spring up.

I know julia is a fantastic player, but this jazz (the blue one) sounds amazing. It isnt really mentioned - is this a sandberg?

Edited by la bam
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, la bam said:

Just been watching a few vids on youtube, and this spring up.

I know julia is a fantastic player, but this jazz (the blue one) sounds amazing. It isnt really mentioned - is this a sandberg?

Always nice when you see a pro bassist playing a song same as you do (Waterloo)

Great tone from that bass.

Dave

• Like 1

I just tried a variety of Sandbergs. After trying both the TM and the TT the sound I ended liking the most was the TT in passive mode. The TM was a cool slightly different sound too. So I guess a

passive TT 4 or 5 string is in my near future. All the Sandbergs I played had amazing quality and feel, I can’t believe I didn’t try them before.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 19:21, Obra said:

Here is one cool piece from Thomann. Just spent some time with it ...💥

I wonder how many TM5s your video has sold :)

I know that I would have gone TM rater than VM had I seen this before I got mine. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my VM... but I think the TM would have been more my thing (there were none to try in the shop 'though).

• Like 2