Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

Ok here's a wee mod i done to my 48, for as much as i love this bass i just couldn't get on with the covers as my comfort zone is thumb hooked in  behind the neck pickup and there wasn't much room between the covers so i decided to do away with them, moved the neck pickup 10 mm towards the nut sent a template to B. Pilanz who made a guard for it and here we are, sounds rather utterly smashing with the 2 Nordy big singles aswell

20210611_174254~2.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined the club! 

Spend a good few hours trying many basses more than 10 (some more than double the price) two others came close another Sandberg and a dingwall superJ this bass just felt right and sounded great. 

Deal was done and it's now at home with me and will be my main gigging once we are up and running again.

20210621_150954.jpg

20210621_151007.jpg

20210621_151023.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

been looking at this, but that damage, and the fact that its spec is exactly the same as my current sandy, has enabled me to resist. 

would look lovley next to my Fender jazz tho.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GisserD said:

been looking at this, but that damage, and the fact that its spec is exactly the same as my current sandy, has enabled me to resist. 

would look lovley next to my Fender jazz tho.

Good excuse to leave alone - I personally don’t mind wear and tear, but there is a make offer button - if you could get for under £700 all in - bargain

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Came across this and thought it was very nice. Both the bass and the playing were exceptional.

Impressive playing.

On a tangent, I've been really lusting after these Delano The XTender pickups. Every single video shows them to be amazingly versatile, going from J to P via Musicman. Anyone own a set? As a longshot, anyone own a set that I could possible come over and try? They're not easy to come by.

• 2 weeks later...

After years of curiosity and listening to some conflicting opinions regarding Sandberg basses , I decided to take the plunge earlier today and picked up a Greenburst California Superlight TM4. I have been having neck,shoulder and some arm problems in recent years which forced my retirement from playing drums, so I am hoping the light weight of the SL will make for a pleasant playing experience ergonomically speaking. Having heard the bass today I am convinced that tone won’t ever be an issue. 😀

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MNY said:

After years of curiosity and listening to some conflicting opinions regarding Sandberg basses , I decided to take the plunge earlier today and picked up a Greenburst California Superlight TM4. I have been having neck,shoulder and some arm problems in recent years which forced my retirement from playing drums, so I am hoping the light weight of the SL will make for a pleasant playing experience ergonomically speaking. Having heard the bass today I am convinced that tone won’t ever be an issue. 😀

Only conflict is good, very good or superb!

I appreciate your positive input. On a previous thread when I bought a Fender Jazz Ultra you advised me to look at Sandberg.If I had done so at the time I would now be quite a few quid better off. 😞

Edited by MNY
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Only conflict is good, very good or superb!

I appreciate your input. I wish I had  listened when buying my Fender Ultra Jazz which I subsequently sold as it was the weight of a small planet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNY said:

Wee pic of the Sandberg would be nice. @MNY😂

2 hours ago, MNY said:

I appreciate your input. I wish I had  listened when buying my Fender Ultra Jazz which I subsequently sold as it was the weight of a small planet. 

It’s all a journey and we are glad you like Sandbergs as much as we do hopefully

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Wee pic of the Sandberg would be nice. @MNY😂

The resonance from the body is quite exceptional and the range of tones on offer is so wide that I think after years of trying and not settling on any one bass (effectively going backwards and forwards between other instruments and Fenders ) I have found a bass that seems like it can really do most things very well.  The abalone inlays are also totally stunning. 😀

41E569D1-0225-43CB-9973-0BFD94C354BB.jpeg

242553F3-A662-4F3F-B72A-9ADC706726C0.jpeg

Edited by MNY
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I see Doug Johns has joined the Sandberg artist roster and they’ve built him a 24 fret TT4 with his favourite Barts.

I believe so. I have followed him for years, he’s an incredible talent. He’s not even a full time bass player. He is a racing car mechanic and engine builder! The Sandberg he has chosen seems to suit him nicely, he still sounds pretty much the same though, which is strange as he has gone from P/J to J/J.

Edited by MNY
  • Like 1