Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

It’s was a logo designed by his friend about 25 years ago and stood out amongst others - it just used to say Sandberg.

It really easy to make and insert, stands out and you could say represents balance - I don’t think there is anything else to it.

The name cam from the straße ‘Am Sandberg’ where they first started, Hölger and his mate (Gerd I think) were piano builders before hand

Edited by Cuzzie

On 09/01/2021 at 15:51, Dov65 said:

Had my 48 for a wee while now & fancy sticking in a new pickup config. Thinking along the lines of Geezers PJ signature pickups or ive a set of Lindy Fralin Jazz pups doing nowt. The holes in the body are 53x100...EMG's P pickups are just under 25mm each so would fit ok mind their side by side = 50mm. I'll get a small scratchguard made up to finish it all off. Anybody have any other ideas on configs i could try ? Soapbars ? Originally it had single coil up front and a humbucker in the rear in gold casing...thats another thing im hopefully sticking all black hardware on it so if anybody fancies a change give me a shout. Hopefully ive explained everything ok....cheers

20210109_101430.jpg

@Dov65 Just remembered that that I have an ACG PB pickup spare (P bass split coil).  They are 100mm x 50mm.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

Cheers @ead but i think that would be a tight fit for going inside the cover. I'll wait till there made and see what size they are internally. Had a look at EMG GZR but they (emg) got the sizes wrong on the P pup coverting imperial to metric. Looking for Soapbars emg35 size tho

Can we appreciate Sandbergs even if we don't own one? The Configurator on the website lets you spec one out and see what it would look like. You can copy or paste the code to or from the box, so if you put the following code in, you can get an idea of what I'm imagining today:

CANV2-VM:S-N-4S-34-MF-GB-ASH-NOT-MPF-F-NOI-NOM-BKH-CLT-2EQ-MP-MCP-RH

Hypothetical question for you guys! If you were going to pick a masterpiece TT4 with a maple fingerboard from this lineup, which scheme would you go for? I haven't yet decided whether this ba... Hypothetical bass will be passive or active. *Please note that feedback may influence real-world purchasing decisions  This is just a game, of course I'm not about to buy a new Sandberg Masterpiece TT4, that would be foolish in these difficult times! 

White on White with black blocks

2.thumb.jpeg.8909f0bead88dea4db44060d76ad8876.jpeg

Black on White with Black Blocks

723580817_Screenshot2021-01-22at17_04_54.png.e22b08ae7599b665a53375b27f376b04.png

Tort on Sunburst and imagine black blocks... (Configurator didn't do this one justice!)

F1.thumb.jpg.fe0ba660547e90e97ef4c83916cff571.jpg

White on White with black dots

1598572164_Screenshot2021-01-27at13_46_34.thumb.png.b3a99b6d0f2fbf6f66ecca501669732b.png

22 minutes ago, knicknack said:

Of course there's always this classic look but my heart says Maple board (Hypothetically...)

654719959_F1(1).thumb.jpg.258d60096686390dc242f37ec03259a7.jpg

This one for me, but a very close second would be white/white/blocks. 
I spec’d one up recently that was very similar to your 1st pic, but tort guard on the HCA creme. 
Sandberg are a bit good at the relic thing aren’t they.