Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

4 hours ago, Bankai said:

IMG_5540.thumb.jpg.3df9d1c2e9266fc9305e6398188e05c8.jpg

Yes, the drive is on the amp. No effects, no modelling, etc. It’s a mid-90s Ampeg SVT-II Pro running KT88s. Tone settings as shown in the photo, and running into the BF 210S.

Had the SVT 4Pro and that was a beast. Lifted one of those SVT II 's in the studio couple yrs back and it was a bit of a beast.

Very nice tone tho.

Dave

Finally, I am among you.

You may have seen this on Classic & Cool Guitars... it's exactly what I was hoping for and Mark's description was spot on. The small ding is very much less than I'd thought and tbh I'm glad to not have the exchange Cort any more because I was just being uber precious with the glorious finish on it.

Still no sodding skirting boards in the kitchen... harumph. But new bass = "what skirting boards?" = 🥂

DSC_0846.jpg

DSC_0848.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a daft question but my 48's got metal covered pickups sealed in epoxy or some kinda resin. Worse case scenario and the pickup calls it a day where would i get a new one or a repair ? Would it have to be Sandberg themselves for a replacement

6 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Maybe a daft question but my 48's got metal covered pickups sealed in epoxy or some kinda resin. Worse case scenario and the pickup calls it a day where would i get a new one or a repair ? Would it have to be Sandberg themselves for a replacement

I would certainly use them as a first port of call - the neck as you know is a split coil housed in that housing and the bridge a Humbucker, of course if you can get the metal housing off, or get one the same size you could put whatever you want underneath it.

Sandberg are pretty good at looking after you. If it’s a no go, a decent pick up person I am sure will be able to help, but I cannot see Sandberg not helping out

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been loving the sound of the PJ model that bassist Josh Paul has been using on a few of his instagram videos recently.

I used the older J version model in a studio for a song about a decade ago and it sounded and felt awful to play, I imagine it hadn't been set up properly. But what I have heard recently of them they sound really good! Don't know what's changed but whatever it is, it's for the better! 

So...I've been trying out new basses recently and realised I like humbuckers at the bridge - just the tight focused are over the bridge works for me. Enter my Electra, I really like it but it is just a solo P pickup but could I add a Humbucker to it to make it a budget VM4? I've dropped Sandberg an email to see if I can buy some bits from them to make this a reality. Would also like to reverse the P pickup so it is really like a VM4 compared to it's more standard set up currently.

Could be fun 

• Like 2