Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

Hi everyone,  I received my Sandberg Lionel short scale last week and I could not be happier. This bass plays like butter, so smooth. This is my first Sandberg and I'm glad I made the leap and ordered this Bass.  Took some pics and shot a video...The sound quality on the video is not the best but here it is. :hi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psIB4sISIww

20200813_101118.jpg

20200813_101153.jpg

20200813_101209.jpg

20200813_101230.jpg

20200813_101248.jpg

20200813_101259.jpg

• Like 10

Loving that Lionel short scale. I was close to hitting the buy button on the white one in Bass direct but I`m on a Jazzish trip at the moment and instead bought a TM 4 in blackburst, Delano`s, split coil option, the complete opposite to the Lionel really!

It feels good to be back in the Sandberg camp again, the feel and shape of the neck is perfect for me and Holger is such a cool dude that he makes me want to own one of his products. Should be here next Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Just need to sell other things to pay for it now :)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

Loving that Lionel short scale. I was close to hitting the buy button on the white one in Bass direct but I`m on a Jazzish trip at the moment and instead bought a TM 4 in blackburst, Delano`s, split coil option, the complete opposite to the Lionel really!

It feels good to be back in the Sandberg camp again, the feel and shape of the neck is perfect for me and Holger is such a cool dude that he makes me want to own one of his products. Should be here next Tuesday or Wednesday. 

Just need to sell other things to pay for it now :)

Replicating a journey of mine - G&L’s went out the door when Sandberg came along - congrats

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got my new Sandberg earlier this week and very nice it is. The thing is I can`t stand the stock strings so if any of you guys who uses the stock strings wants them, drop me a pm and I will get them off to you gratis.

And they say folk from Paisley have short arms and deep pockets! :)

GONE!!

Edited by jezzaboy
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

Got my new Sandberg earlier this week and very nice it is. The thing is I can`t stand the stock strings so if any of you guys who uses the stock strings wants them, drop me a pm and I will get them off to you gratis.

GONE!!

I quite liked them but they didn't last too long maybe 2-3 mths max but they were cheaper than the D'addario nickels i was buying.

Dave

15 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

GONE!!

I hated them too. Well, maybe hate is too strong, but I removed them quickly and tried a set of DR Pure Blues (never had those before) and the bass improved dramatically (for my liking).

Got my 48 back today after a 2 band 3 knobed Glock was stuck in...utterly brilliant only thing is the pre don't come with any knobs, i've used 2 originals but need a stacked one...anybody know best place to get hold o em ? 

20200829_132239.jpg

20200829_134116.jpg

20200829_134124.jpg

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 19:15, ClassicVibes said:

I am now part of the club :)

image.thumb.jpeg.8f7ea534c798f0787702ea92ea83261a.jpeg

Sandberg California II TM4 SL in Tobaccoburst.

Still loving my Sandberg. The light weight, the fast neck, the tonal options, the Black Label pickups. Everything about this bass makes it a joy to play.

Even the stock strings I was impressed with but it turns out they are GHS Super Steels, made to Sandberg's specs.

The only issue I did have is with the push/pull, active/passive volume pot. On active mode, there were no scratchy sounds when turning the pot but on passive mode, it was crackling non-stop. I made sure the pot was secure and seated correctly, tried contact cleaner, even removed the pot entirely to look at it but nothing jumped out. I messaged Sandberg to ask their thoughts on the issue and they responded by sending out a brand new pot free of charge! I have now installed it and no more scratchy sounds on either mode. :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

Even the stock strings I was impressed with but it turns out they are GHS Super Steels, made to Sandberg's specs.

I didn’t know that. I really like the stock strings too. Weirdly, didn’t get on with them on an old VM5, but feel they really suit my SL5 very well. Maybe they’ve changed in that 5 year gap between the two basses. 
I actually hadn’t used SS rounds for years since getting the SL5 last year, but I’ve been turned again! The only other strings I’ve had on it have been Dunlop nickels (which i hated) not really interested in experimenting further as the Sandbergs (or GHS) sounds great and last well. 
agreed on the Super Light series too. Mine has been my only bass for about 15 months. Zero GAS for anything else... maybe a Marlowe DK 5... 🙄

• Like 1

2F4A9AE5-FE0F-4970-A2E2-B844C044CA2E.thumb.jpeg.7c333b68c7b9f7ceed378b454247811f.jpeg

I made a recording of the Riedel for anyone wondering how the Black Labels can sound. I appreciate a large component of the tone you'll hear is the valve amp this was recorded through, but it gives you an idea hopefully. Bass was used in passive mode. Sounds stonking if I do say so myself.

Defiant Bass.m4a

Edited by Bankai
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bankai said:

2F4A9AE5-FE0F-4970-A2E2-B844C044CA2E.thumb.jpeg.7c333b68c7b9f7ceed378b454247811f.jpeg

I made a recording of the Riedel for anyone wondering how the Black Labels can sound. I appreciate a large component of the tone you'll hear is the valve amp this was recorded through, but it gives you an idea hopefully. Bass was used in passive mode. Sounds stonking if I do say so myself.

Defiant Bass.m4a 3.97 MB · 9 downloads

Sounds amazing. Out of curiosity what is the amp you're using and are you over-driving it.

Very nice indeed.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Sounds amazing. Out of curiosity what is the amp you're using and are you over-driving it.

Very nice indeed.

Dave

IMG_5540.thumb.jpg.3df9d1c2e9266fc9305e6398188e05c8.jpg

Yes, the drive is on the amp. No effects, no modelling, etc. It’s a mid-90s Ampeg SVT-II Pro running KT88s. Tone settings as shown in the photo, and running into the BF 210S.

• Like 2