Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

That happened on one of my jazzes about 3 years ago and I superglued it back on and it’s been fine, if not you could contact Sandberg and they will send you a replacement, I’ve got their email somewhere if you need it 🙂

Sandberg weren’t massively helpful! 😂

C5C83D30-E09C-4765-AE38-60063F2E26B4.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

So, I decided to change the strings on my new acquisition and part of the nut fell off. The width is 44mm ish but is quite chunky. Does anyone have any advice on a replacement? I’m not even sure it’s the original nut 🤔

https://www.ivormairants.co.uk/graphtech-pq-1400-00-tusq-man-made-ivory-bass-nuts.html

https://www.ivormairants.co.uk/graphtech-pt-1400-00-bass-nuts.html

That should work?

Edited by thedontcarebear

54 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

Sandberg weren’t massively helpful! 😂

C5C83D30-E09C-4765-AE38-60063F2E26B4.png

Is that Sandberg answer ?

Seems like quite a reasonable and practical solution rather than take it to a luthier who will charge a few quid to fit. Gives you the option of fitting yourself.

Not sure there's much more they could offer unless you wanted to buy it direct from Sandberg. You could take to a Sandberg dealer who will fit a new one for you. Guitar Guitar might do in house repairs if there's one near you.

I'd end up taking it to a reputable repair shop myself as i'm not really into repairs on anything that relates to necks.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

47 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

Yeah I looked at these but they’re thinner than the existing one. I might just try superglue 😃

Think that would be my first option too. Nothing to lose if you have the broken part.

Shame this happens with the bass you've just bought.

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Is that Sandberg answer ?

Seems like quite a reasonable and practical solution rather than take it to a luthier who will charge a few quid to fit. Gives you the option of fitting yourself.

Not sure there's much more they could offer unless you wanted to buy it direct from Sandberg. You could take to a Sandberg dealer who will fit a new one for you. Guitar Guitar might do in house repairs if there's one near you.

I'd end up taking it to a reputable repair shop myself as i'm not really into repairs on anything that relates to necks.

Dave

Gregor Fris (of Bass the world) runs Sandberg's social media for them, and he is very helpful and knowledgeable. 

BUT if I were you @SammybassI would email the service department ([email protected]) and ask if they could post you a replacement. They've gladly sent me various bits over the years, so definitely worth asking.

I'm not sure you'd find something to suit if the shelf, you'd probably have to buy a nut blank and file the grooves yourself. May be wrong though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thedontcarebear said:

I actually found my old feedback thread on here, and I bought my Sandberg on here in 2007 from 99ster.  I've emailed Sandberg to see when it was made, will see what they say when they reply.

I got a reply back in 2 hours, super helpful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

I can maybe see an Electra TT, black and maple on the horizon. Are the Electras decent basses? 

Very very decent indeed

Basswood body - parts sourced from Korea - all QC at HQ so it never leaves without the same look over as the fully German range

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Very very decent indeed

Basswood body - parts sourced from Korea - all QC at HQ so it never leaves without the same look over as the fully German range

I'll second that - I picked one up the other week and going between that and my recently finished Bronco project the Electra feels so much nicer. 

I am tempted to get a Humbucker and make it a proper VM4 but it's great for now! 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 10:06, FinnDave said:

Can anyone tell me what the standard strings are on a Sandberg Panther Special? They have a singing like quality to them, even acoustically, that I have never found in any other bass. I suspect it was this that tipped the balance between me trying it and putting it band and trying it and buying it!

It's also the only bass I have played that I can get get through 2 1/2 hour plus gig without any cramp or pain in my left hand.

Sandberg Steels/Smith Rock Brights/GHS Super Steels.

40-100 gauge.

• Thanks 1

Slightly confused by the press release quoted above. 

"with tobacco burst is as a new option beside the already known high gloss finishes black and crème." 

reads to me as if Tobacco Burst is a new colour. Pretty sure my Electra is tobacco burst and it ain't new! 

6 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

What shape is yours @stewblack? If it is the same as the current shape then yeah, that's confusing but if it's the older more traditional P shape then they must have done them in burst but not the new shape 

Ah, right that makes sense. I know very little about them, the Electra is my first Sandberg and I only acquired it recently via the BC marketplace. 

• Like 2