Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

Well.... 

Lovely and light. Few little knocks and stuff but nothing that would put you off for under £400. Little rattle on the G Tuner but little bit of tape sorted that right out! 

Weird little kink in a string that I hadn't seen before. Must have been resting on that for a while! Quick clean and change to LaBella tapes and happy days! Will do a NBD tomorrow after a wee play to work out settings etc.

Also, i think I'll drop Sandberg and email and see if I can get a tort guard since they do one for the white version. 

IMG_20200727_190835-01.jpeg

IMG_20200727_182435.jpg

• Like 7

Good score @BassApprentice, congrats!

Would definitely look cool with a tort pg, although black looks badass too. I'd be tempted to see how much it would cost to get a gold anodised one made.... Or maybe tiger pattern! Getting carried away now..... 🤪

If they made a 5 string Electra, I would have bought one a long time ago. 

20 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Also, i think I'll drop Sandberg and email and see if I can get a tort guard since they do one for the white version. 

I do like a black/tort combination.
Have taken the liberty of a little mockup, although it's obvious what they look like as there are plenty of California series basses using this combination.

tortberg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Nice job @Baceface

Dropped them an email so we'll see what happens 

It shouldn't be a problem. I bought my VM4 with a black pickguard, and later I contacted them to order a parchment white one. They do sell all sorts of bits and pieces.

3 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

I shall be joining this auspicious club later today! Is there an initiation ordeal I have to go through? 😬

The welcoming committee will heating up the crumpets and oiling the paddle in anticipation. 😳😖

• Haha 2

Hey all. 

I’m thinking about picking up a Sandberg but not sure which to get. I’ve got it down to the TT4 or the TM4. I’ve not played the TM4 but sounds great online and think the humbucker would help with some of the more classic rock stuff I’ll play. 

Mainly be playing classic rock and gospel stuff. Wondering if anyone has tried both and what their recommendations would be?

Thanks for the help. 
Alex

• Like 2

The TT4 has the pick ups in the classic 60s position, if that is your Sound, you will do swimmingly with it, that depends on what pick up options you like. standard Sandberg issue are Delano’s with a Delano preamp, but you can ask for Sandberg black labels, Sandberg own or Haüssel pick ups - there may be a charge - only you know if you prefer active or passive.

TM is also a great bass and will give a slightly different push to the sound blending in the MM - if you want a Stingray sound from it, you won’t get it, wrong position, wrong preamp.

If you like Toto - Shem Von Schoeck their bassist uses a TM - great great sound.

They are so well made you will get them to do what you want - sounds like you are veering towards the TM...?

FYI for anyone else out there, I have heard a rumour that they will fit the Umbo tone circuit To defo the VS4 and VM4 if you want, possibly others.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alexh7686 said:

Hey all. 

I’m thinking about picking up a Sandberg but not sure which to get. I’ve got it down to the TT4 or the TM4. I’ve not played the TM4 but sounds great online and think the humbucker would help with some of the more classic rock stuff I’ll play. 

Mainly be playing classic rock and gospel stuff. Wondering if anyone has tried both and what their recommendations would be?

Thanks for the help. 
Alex

I use a VM4 in a 70's Glam Rock covers band and it will also work very well in a classic rock covers band. 

Has more depth than my Fender J bass. The Humbucker gives the P pick up that little bit of edge to the sound. I would say a bit more hi-mid tone than treble like you get from a Stingray. That might be down to my Mesa tube amp tho.

Great basses and you won't be disappointed. 

Dave 

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

With the Branding they look like in House sandberg ones.

If it’s completely stock email sandberg with the serial number of the bass and they will definitively tell you

That’s what I figured. It sounds great though even with the existing dead strings. New Elixirs going on tomorrow so I’ll whack it through my Barefaced BT2 and see what it’s got!! 😃😃😃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

So I’m new to all things Sandberg. Which pickups do I have? 🤨

F38016AA-BEEB-4CC2-9298-1F8C9BC2D561.jpeg

They're the Sandberg ceramic. My suspicion is that they are made by Delano to Sandberg's spec.

I've previously owned a TM4, an active TT4, and I currently own a TT4 passive.

I'm a massive fan of the Sandberg Alnicos in the current TT4 passive and find them very versatile. The front pickup by itself is way better than any Fender Jazz I've owned or played and both pickups together is a great sound too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1