Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

I was having a look through Ivan’s videos, as he’s a good reggae player , and I saw this review of the VM  from last year , it’s interesting the difference in tones from my  California TT , quite a good review I thought 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 5

Just thought I'd share here my new California TT5 Passive I received last week! Think this is my 8th Sandberg (though the only one I currently own), and it's absolutely prefect for me, I couldn't be happier! 😊

IMG_20200623_130710.jpg

IMG_20200623_130657.jpg

IMG_20200623_130631.jpg

IMG_20200623_130612.jpg

IMG_20200623_130603.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

Do all Sandberg necks get the same fret levelling treatment (PLEK)

Was just wondering about the passive VS4's

Dave

Hi Dave, yes they do I believe, its a standard thing. Only the Hardcore aged models get the vibration treatment I think. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Ooooo I like talking vibration and thermal treatment - such a good option

They do feel /respond /sound great out of the box, but several years of regular playing gets you to a very similar point. For me the extra cost isn't worth it, but I get why people like it. Pretty sure you can request the vibro/thermal treatment on a non - reliced bass for an up-charge 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

They do feel /respond /sound great out of the box, but several years of regular playing gets you to a very similar point. For me the extra cost isn't worth it, but I get why people like it. Pretty sure you can request the vibro/thermal treatment on a non - reliced bass for an up-charge 

Won’t disagree there - it defo makes a difference

• Like 1

Here's a question, obviously going to get a slightly biased response but are Sandberg one of the most approachable guitar companies? 

I might not be asking quite the right question but they seem to be one of the few companies that you could buy on a shop wall or ask them to make you something very similar to what you tried in a shop for very similar money. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

Hi Dave, yes they do I believe, its a standard thing. Only the Hardcore aged models get the vibration treatment I think. 

Soft and Hardcore aged are more about cosmetics. Hardcore reserve gets vibration treatment and Masterpiece gets vibration and thermal treatment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Here's a question, obviously going to get a slightly biased response but are Sandberg one of the most approachable guitar companies? 

I might not be asking quite the right question but they seem to be one of the few companies that you could buy on a shop wall or ask them to make you something very similar to what you tried in a shop for very similar money. 

They are very approachable, they're a pretty small company with a good business model and customer focus. They are friendly and have a kinda family feel. 😊

I think one of the things that sets them apart is the sheer choice of 'standard' options, which allow you to put together a bass that is a bit different and special to you, but is not a custom model per se. You can't request different inlays or different coloured hardware on a American fender without it being a custom shop build! 

They will build whatever you want in theory though, but clearly if its a full - on custom build it will cost you custom bass money. 

10 minutes ago, ClassicVibes said:

Soft and Hardcore aged are more about cosmetics. Hardcore reserve gets vibration treatment and Masterpiece gets vibration and thermal treatment. 

Certain Sig models Also get treatment of some form such as the MarloweDK 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Very very approachable and they will look after you.

Best thing is to get a guitar as close as possible on the configurator and save the identifier number, then you can work in any further changes in discussions

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

They will build whatever you want in theory though, but clearly if its a full - on custom build it will cost you custom bass money. 

Oh of course, but they have one of the few configurators where I don't spit my tea out when I'm finished speccing up my build. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

I echo all the above.  They are right up there with Spector in terms of customer relations.

I am currently talking to them about a new bass and have troubled them with several iterations so far.  Nothing appears to be too much trouble.

• Like 2

Another question about Sandberg necks.

Are they all the same dimensions ie width and depth of neck like Fender P and J necks are different.

I love my VM4 but i generally prefer my Jazz and Warwick Thumb necks being a bit thinner.

Dave

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Another question about Sandberg necks.

Are they all the same dimensions ie width and depth of neck like Fender P and J necks are different.

I love my VM4 but i generally prefer my Jazz and Warwick Thumb necks being a bit thinner.

Dave

There used to be differences, especially between the California series and the original models like the Basic and Classic series, but I think I'm right in saying that they're all essentially the same profile now. They are pretty slim and very comfy in my opinion. 

They are all hand finished though, so they do vary a little. I have no doubt if you requested a slightly thinner profile though they would have no issues accommodating you. 😊

Edited by TRBboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ead said:

I echo all the above.  They are right up there with Spector in terms of customer relations.

I am currently talking to them about a new bass and have troubled them with several iterations so far.  Nothing appears to be too much trouble.

Over my 10 year relationship with Sandberg I'm pretty certain I've been a pain in the derrière at times, but they've always done their utmost to accommodate me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TRBboy said:

Over my 10 year relationship with Sandberg I'm pretty certain I've been a pain in the derrière at times, but they've always done their utmost to accommodate me! 

Lol, just realised the site autocorrected A. R. S. E to derriere! That has really tickled me 😂

• Haha 1