Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

17 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Think I’m finally getting this Sandberg thang...it’s a cheapy at £577 (cheap in the context of your usual Sandberg) Sandberg Electra VS4...my word it’s bloody amazing, I’d take this over a USA P any day. Superb quality.

1A4E346B-A4A5-4A36-86A2-0C8D08B4D9B8.thumb.jpeg.6a8dbf5228dccec12b519177b57f41af.jpeg

I might end up going for a passive one at some point if i can find a good 2nd hand one at the right price.

Dave

15 hours ago, Raslee said:

Think I’m finally getting this Sandberg thang...it’s a cheapy at £577 (cheap in the context of your usual Sandberg) Sandberg Electra VS4...my word it’s bloody amazing, I’d take this over a USA P any day. Superb quality.

1A4E346B-A4A5-4A36-86A2-0C8D08B4D9B8.thumb.jpeg.6a8dbf5228dccec12b519177b57f41af.jpeg

I told you! Enjoy. :)

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2020 at 14:48, dmccombe7 said:

I quite fancy putting one of the pearl pick guards on my Geddy J bass like this one from Geddy's collection.

Fender Custom Shop USA Limited Geddy Lee 1972 Relic Jazz Bass ...

Limelight built me a Geddy replica using loads of pics of his  bass and I got an extra pearl p/g with it.

556422241_GeddyLeeAmalgamation01LR.thumb.jpg.74bdfa7b429b4c71672f7ccb8f922eea.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ead said:

Limelight built me a Geddy replica using loads of pics of his  bass and I got an extra pearl p/g with it.

556422241_GeddyLeeAmalgamation01LR.thumb.jpg.74bdfa7b429b4c71672f7ccb8f922eea.jpg

Nice bass. What's the Limelight bass like. ? Looked at one last year but bought my Sandberg VM4 from them instead.

6 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Nice bass. What's the Limelight bass like. ? Looked at one last year but bought my Sandberg VM4 from them instead.

I really liked it and would love to have it back if I could find it.  I had to sell a bunch of basses a year or so back as we had a bit of a family situation requiring some rapid fund-raising.  The Limelight was one plus I had to sell a couple of nice Sandbergs at the same time.

I've been thinking hard about comissioning another identical one.  But I rather liked the fact it was one of a kind.  Here's the link:

https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/limelight-custom-00208/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ead said:

I really liked it and would love to have it back if I could find it.  I had to sell a bunch of basses a year or so back as we had a bit of a family situation requiring some rapid fund-raising.  The Limelight was one plus I had to sell a couple of nice Sandbergs at the same time.

I've been thinking hard about comissioning another identical one.  But I rather liked the fact it was one of a kind.  Here's the link:

https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/limelight-custom-00208/

Looks like a road worn version of my Geddy JazzDSC01642.thumb.JPG.918cafed590bc2c363a2f3706fff470b.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

image.gif.9e542e0934e608f3ac6d64ac49935111.gif

Now go do your homework on who Jah Wobble is. 

I did as i had no idea who he was and never heard the name but he's not exactly done much other than PIL who i've never listened to. Was Johnny Rotten not with PIL. ? 

Altho i liked some punk songs i wasn't really a fan and didn't follow any of the bands. The Sex Pistols singles that i have were a hand me down from my older brother. Some rare ones in there too. Picture covers of Holidays in Sun and Anarchy in UK and couple of others. 

I was more into rock and prog when punk came out so it passed me by.

Dave

46 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Badass

Good man and congrats

Thanks Cuzzie.  More detail for anyone interested:

California II VM5 in satin virgin white with a matched headstock.

Sandberg electronics and pickups. Paulownia fingerboard.

First impressions compared to my Stingray are:

• A lot lighter. 3.95kg compared to 4.65kg.  700g doesn't seem like a lot, but boy is it noticable.
  • Much more compact body.
  • Shallower neck profile.  Much more like my old Maruszczyk. Immediately easy to play.
  • Fantastic low action, lower than I can get on the Ray, not by much though.

Plugging in I was a bit confused, it sounded muffled, however I swapped the strings (tuning pegs felt perfect, just the right weight/resistance) to my preferred brand and that sorted it out.  I can't get tones immediately articulate or usable as I can with the ray, but I think I need a bit of time with the 2 band to find my sweet spot.  It's fantastically well built and I can see what the fuss is about.

Here it is with the Stingray, just because I can.  I've come over all monochrome, must be time for a gold sparkle thunderbird next!

IMG_20200610_142419.thumb.jpg.d772e773cdd54c1d553c9a367c2fc194.jpg

IMG_20200610_142456.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, colleya said:

Thanks Cuzzie.  More detail for anyone interested:

California II VM5 in satin virgin white with a matched headstock.

Sandberg electronics and pickups. Paulownia fingerboard.

First impressions compared to my Stingray are:

• A lot lighter. 3.95kg compared to 4.65kg.  700g doesn't seem like a lot, but boy is it noticable.
  • Much more compact body.
  • Shallower neck profile.  Much more like my old Maruszczyk. Immediately easy to play.
  • Fantastic low action, lower than I can get on the Ray, not by much though.

Plugging in I was a bit confused, it sounded muffled, however I swapped the strings (tuning pegs felt perfect, just the right weight/resistance) to my preferred brand and that sorted it out.  I can't get tones immediately articulate or usable as I can with the ray, but I think I need a bit of time with the 2 band to find my sweet spot.  It's fantastically well built and I can see what the fuss is about.

Here it is with the Stingray, just because I can.  I've come over all monochrome, must be time for a gold sparkle thunderbird next!

IMG_20200610_142419.thumb.jpg.d772e773cdd54c1d553c9a367c2fc194.jpg

IMG_20200610_142456.jpg

My VM4 is now my goto bass for everything. With a little bass boost and everything else flat (or mid point) it simply has the tone i've been looking for. If i want a little more mid bite i touch the pan towards the MM pick up. Likewise if i need that more P sounding bass a little touch towards the P pick up. I never need to move things much to get what i need for a song. I use it for all style of music. Its taken over from my Jazz as my Goto bass............at the moment.

Dave

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

My VM4 is now my goto bass for everything. With a little bass boost and everything else flat (or mid point) it simply has the tone i've been looking for. If i want a little more mid bite i touch the pan towards the MM pick up. Likewise if i need that more P sounding bass a little touch towards the P pick up. I never need to move things much to get what i need for a song. I use it for all style of music. Its taken over from my Jazz as my Goto bass............at the moment.

Dave

I've spent a couple of hours with it now and discovered just this. The controls are pretty sensitive and a little bit goes a long way. I'm very much enjoying having a p pickup back in the mix.

• Like 3