Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

Does anyone know what the body wood is these days for a gloss finish TM4?  I placed a custom order a couple of months ago and didn't specify a wood type.  I figure they know what they're doing and it's all good but I wonder what it'll be?  Ash perhaps?

Also wondering if anyone out there has a TM with the 3-band EQ (not the Grand Dark) rather than the standard 2-band with the Delanos?  I ordered mine with the 3-band because I want the mid control but haven't seen any out there with it.

Edited by SirMoxie

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

They of course have exotics for woods and tops etc. But standard is Alder, and loads of fingerboard options 

It will probably say on your email order confirmation?

Yeah, one would think!  I ordered through Music Store Live and only saw it listed as a "custom order" on their invoice.  Didn't include all of the details but they've been very accommodating.  I'll ask the rep there and let you know what I hear back.  :)

• Like 1

On 23/10/2014 at 09:00, CamdenRob said:

I've always liked the TM5.. Bassdirect had a bright yellow one in for a while I kept going back to look at.

How is the sound with these? Is it more modern and hifi with the active preamp than a standard Fender? I always imagined these would sound like a Fender jazz with a J retro....

1 hour ago, SirMoxie said:

Sweet!!  How are you finding it compares to other P-Basses you've played?

Easily as good as the best I've had, which includes two vintage 61's.  The neck is more comfortable for me, between a P and a J and the build quality is spot on.  Can't fault it on any level.

• Like 2

Hello Sandberg friends

If anyone has a VS4 and is willing, would you mind opening the control cavity and take a quick picture of where the pickups are soldered to the pre-amp please?  I'm trying to find a buzz I introduced since changing the stock split coils and want to ensure I've not done something stupid like solder the hot wire to the ground connection.

• 1 month later...

As the good man says above. 
Stock pick ups found on a Sandy- Delano’s, Sandberg, Sandberg Black labels, Haussel all very good but different before you do which strings either flats or rounds.

Everyone’s precision tone preference  differs slightly, but it will be there.