Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Ordered this today to my specifications, I’ve been told it will be ready by March, can’t wait 😀

A4554FA1-29BC-4F91-9C6E-22469A0ECA53.jpeg

That looks extremely similar to my bass.  Is that an ebony board too?  I've swapped the standard fit knobs to ones with white lines on and the p/ups are now Bartolini B-Axis items.

848008611_TT401.png.6d55d3469cb7b0c5623a47675a37aa2d.png

57 minutes ago, ead said:

That looks extremely similar to my bass.  Is that an ebony board too?  I've swapped the standard fit knobs to ones with white lines on and the p/ups are now Bartolini B-Axis items.

848008611_TT401.png.6d55d3469cb7b0c5623a47675a37aa2d.png

Hi ead   Yes ebony board , ash body, black hardware   Are the p/ups you put in better 

I wouldn't say better just different.  I've never been a big Delano fan and wanted a slightly warmer less modern tone which I feel the B-Axis items provide.  I'd not even heard them before so it was a bit of a punt.

Out of curiousity, does anyone on here have a Sandberg California TT4 (version 1 Fender Jazz shaped) creme white, passive, rosewood board, matching headstock, slight relicing, from about 2015?

I used to own it and rather with I hadn't sold it. It went to Bass Direct in a p/ex against a Fender Jazz (which I later sold anyway) back in early 2016....

The one that got away for sure.

Edited by bassbiscuits

• 2 weeks later...

can any of you good folk help me identify this?

The Body shape appears to be a Custom (horns too smooth for a classic) , but they don't usually come with those pickups.... and what are those pickups? and the top wood for that matter... maybe quilted maple?

thanks in advance.

sandy1.jpg

sandy2.jpg

sandy3.jpg

3 hours ago, GisserD said:

can any of you good folk help me identify this?

The Body shape appears to be a Custom (horns too smooth for a classic) , but they don't usually come with those pickups.... and what are those pickups? and the top wood for that matter... maybe quilted maple?

thanks in advance.

sandy1.jpg

sandy2.jpg

sandy3.jpg

I stand to be corrected on any of this but you are right in identifying a Custom with (I think) quilted maple. The pups are Delano MC5s.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Ive had this Cali II in my basket for two weeks now. I just cant decided if I should get it. I have no doubt its a fantastic bass, and i really, really love the look of it, but i keep reading mixed comments about the pups. 

C85AD4F7-283A-43AD-A392-716527A40D04.jpeg

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ive had this Cali II in my basket for two weeks now. I just cant decided if I should get it. I have no doubt its a fantastic bass, and i really, really love the look of it, but i keep reading mixed comments about the pups. 

C85AD4F7-283A-43AD-A392-716527A40D04.jpeg

If they're Delanos I did find them a bit 'tame' / polite / civilised ...that plus 2 band rather than 3 band EQ (although that won't be an issue for you as you're a passive guy).

The bass was otherwise just lovely. 

Edited by Al Krow