Why become a member? ×

Sandberg appreciation society

GisserD

56 minutes ago, visog said:

That's pretty niche scanning Sandberg basses but good luck with the venture. Do you do fours or is it fives only?

Thankyou! I can literally scan ANYTHING. size depending...

even 4 string basses!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cuzzie said:

@Al KrowYou use the word allegedly therefore there is doubt and obviously something you have then not experienced.

My statement is concrete, without doubt and beyond reproach

Just beginning to experience the joys of 5 strings. I'd highly recommend it. Avoids the need to faff around with drop D and / or detuning all 4 strings on a 'standard' bass. And all that Motown stuff written in Eb is no longer a pain...

Edited by Al Krow

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

@Al Krow I was thinking more rock ‘n’ roll but if you want to move to theology and get another gagging order be my guest

Theology is best avoided, I agree.

Ok definitely more than a little ironic on a Sandberg thread, given where they are made, but I've changed my mind: Germany out of the world cup!! That surely can't be just "because of Brexit" (like apparently everything else is), there must actually be a higher power out there...😂😂😂

Edited by Al Krow

'Bergermeisters,

Where did we land on the new shapes?

I say dreadful and lowers the appeal of the brand: looks like a Kays catalogue toy bass guitar.

Would love an aged original shape TM5 though.

Opinions?

19 minutes ago, visog said:

'Bergermeisters,

Where did we land on the new shapes?

I say dreadful and lowers the appeal of the brand: looks like a Kays catalogue toy bass guitar.

Would love an aged original shape TM5 though.

Opinions?

I guess sandberg wanted their own shape? Unique identy adds to the branding. But I'll always prefer the old shape too. 

2 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Old shape for me except the 48 which is its own of course

Well it sort of is with heavy T-bird influences but agreed...

So no takers for the Sandberg Chad Valley series...

• Like 1

Mmmm. Not a fan of the new shapes either. I think the old Jazz and Precision style bodies were nice to have in the range because they were “traditional” alternatives to the Sandberg-original shapes like the Basic/Classic, 48, Panther etc. and no doubt made up quite a large portion of their overall sales, introducing new people to the brand who may then have moved onto the more original shapes upon discovering the Sandberg build quality.

If they’re set on avoiding any Fender similarities then they should seriously consider a redesign of the V/T shapes IMO...

I have both series. The old ones are good but the new shaped ones are a step up in class to play, ergonomically, balance and weight wise. I didn't like the new T shape originally but I've grown more accustomed. If they were a radically different shape that felt unfamiliar I doubt I would like playing them.

9 minutes ago, Opticaleye said:

I have both series. The old ones are good but the new shaped ones are a step up in class to play, ergonomically, balance and weight wise. I didn't like the new T shape originally but I've grown more accustomed. If they were a radically different shape that felt unfamiliar I doubt I would like playing them.

That’s food for thought. Thinking about it more, I don’t actually mind the new T shape. It’s the new V shape that makes me raise an eyebrow slightly but I’d still like to try them both. 

Edited by CameronJ

Musicman liked the V shape enough to copy it with their Cutlass 😏. My VS4 does look a bit small on me but I'm used to it now.

From an aesthetic point of view, if I was so worried how I looked when gigging I'd probably have spent less on basses and more on gym membership...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of mine,

The TT was an impulse buy purely on the aesthetics, I just love the red and black combination and I think the ebony fingerboard just adds to the looks. It's all passive with Hausell (can't find the umlaut key) pickups and it sounds utterly immense. The neck pup has a more P like mid range punch that you usually get with a J style single coil. 

The VM is a swamp ash body with 'Berg own brand pups and a Glockenklang pre-amp. The poor thing is currently looking for a new home :ph34r: ;)

VM full frontal.JPG

VM.JPG

• Like 2