Why become a member? ×

Best strap for shoulder pain

paul_5

I was involved in s car accident over a year ago and my left shoulder is still uncomfortable most of the time but especially after playing. 

What’s the best strap to avoid aggravating this condition when playing?

On 14/05/2018 at 09:42, pbasspecial said:

I've had a comfort strap for over 20 years.  Used to play a 1980 fender precision special.  Great tone but weighed a ton.  Can't recommend the strap enough.

This. I’ve got them on all of my basses - they’re the only strap I’ll use now.

• Like 1

I changed from a Stingray 5 to a Sterling 4 due to a shoulder problem I had. A wide padded strap can help but for me it's moving around as much as I can on stage as it moves the bass around your shoulder instead of it sitting at the one point all night

On 13/05/2018 at 20:48, paul_5 said:

I was involved in s car accident over a year ago and my left shoulder is still uncomfortable most of the time but especially after playing. 

What’s the best strap to avoid aggravating this condition when playing?

Are you getting physio for that injury? If not go see your doctor, if so ignore me

On 13/05/2018 at 20:53, T-Bay said:

I have shoulder problems due to arthritis and use a strap from hypnotic straps, it’s 3” wide and very well padded. Despite my Gibson being the same weight as a boat anchor I don’t have issues.

I have 3 Hypnotic straps, I like them a lot. I have chucked my old straps now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christine said:

Are you getting physio for that injury? If not go see your doctor, if so ignore me

Yes, had a lot of physio last year and went back a couple of weeks ago as it’s still not right. Thanks for the sensible advice though 😉

• Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 09:11, Coilte said:

This gave me a stupid idea. Would using two straps be a cheaper and functional alternative? First strap used in the rgular position, second strap comming from the horn through the left side of the torso, up the back through the right shoulder, down the front to the bottom pin... hummm, still sounds like a stupid idea... i shall try it at home! :crazy: