Why become a member? ×

Amp repair - Manchester

Ruarl

My trusty old GK MB 150S is having a bad time. I just tried plugging it into a cab for the first time in a while, and after a few minutes of playing, the output suddenly faded to nothing over the course of a few seconds. It still works out of the built-in speaker, just not the powered output.

Can anyone recommend someone in the vicinity of Manchester to take a look at this for me?

Ta, Andy.

17 minutes ago, Ruarl said:

Just in case anyone else finds this thread, Roland Lumby now only does restorations of classic valve amps. He doesn't take solid state work at all.

Sorry about that.He certainly used to do solid amp state repairs. I guess he has now decided to limit himself to the more interesting work.

4 hours ago, stevie said:

Sorry about that.He certainly used to do solid amp state repairs. I guess he has now decided to limit himself to the more interesting work.

It seems that way. I must say, this sounds like a great way to run your life/business, if you get the chance! No hard feelings at all.

4 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

Dave Lunt in stockport?

I found his name and number on the amp tech thread, and have been in touch. I’m taking the poorly little amp to see him when I get the chance. Thanks!

I’ve had expensive and poor results with two of the leading amp techs in Manchester - this with extremely high-end ss gear - real studio quality kit. Roland wouldn’t touch it (valve only). I’m now at a loss and looking outside the city. Good luck to the op with this.