Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout 15 - Sold
£795

No takers on the fretless Precision and the engine needs to be paid for so next up is my Walkabout combo.

There is a very long thread on another bass forum that raves about these in great detail and for good reason. This one is in excellent condition and is a 110v version (complete with a step down transformer).

Wonderful valve front end and the passive radiator gives the thing huge depth.

It is, of course, not the lightest of combos but it is perfectly transportable and if you want the sound of a flip top on steroids then you will find it a small inconvenience for what you get. As soon as finances have recovered I will be tracking down another one. I wouldn't want to record without it.

You are welcome to come down to Portsmouth to try it and I would think collection makes most sense. I am happy to drive to meet up if that's easiest.

Price drop to £700.

Edited by Steve Browning
Typo

Possibly the closest thing to a B-15 you'll get in combo form. Great amp at about 30% of what they cost new these days. I don;t think I've ever heard a bad word said about them, even on Talkbass, where despite much talk about the bigger Mesa amps & cabs, this is still the go to rig for many.  

My regular gigging amp, superb in every way, the 15 inch speaker really does give you quite a bit more than the 12, and this is not a silly heavy combo.

whilst a B-15 is great, these babies are much more suitable to the gigging musician as I find I more easier to transport and built like a tank!

i paid £800 for mine and thought it a good deal so this is on the nail..

Edited by Creeper