Why become a member? ×

Decent site to advertise?

Hi all .

I'm desperate to get back in a band but can't find a decent site to b!tch myself out.

If you look at the front page of this site, none of the adds get replies. Probably bassists looking at bassists.

Join my band is full of window shopping time wasters and Bandmix and most of the others charge you to talk to someone.

Any advice?

Lee. Bassist- Merseyside

Edited by kopite18times

I've found opportunities through both Facebook groups and JoinMyBand. I've also wasted a lot of time on them too.

Overall, in my experience, nothing beats going out and networking in the real world.

Go to open-mics, jams, gigs etc. Talk to people, make yourself and what you're looking for known. I think most opportunities begin by word-of-mouth before they get anywhere near the Internet.

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for.

• Like 1

As I ponder my next move I’ve been checking out Join My Band over the last week or two. From previous experience I’ve found it to be full of dreamers and time wasters. And yes, nothings changed; three adverts that look appealing, private messages sent to all, all of them read, not one response. I don’t understand it; why place an advert and then ignore people’s responses? If you don’t like the sound of me, that’s fine, I can take it. Just a response would be appreciated.