Why become a member? ×

NBD: Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Raslee

Well, since completing the holy trinity bass collection of Jazz, Precision & Stingray that trinity may now have to be broken as i decide which one to sacrifice for my new addition.  I've carefully negotiated with Mrs Raslee to keep hold of what I've got right now whilst I work through the honeymoon period - maybe she'll forget ahem!.

I have always liked Warwick basses, they just feel right, perfect adjustments and always a quality build. However, I was never overly keen on that phallic top horn on the Corvette styles I previously owned. I vowed one day I'll try the Streamer and today was that day. The stars aligned in space, the sun shined on my wallet, Bootsy was on the one, Trump had his mouth closed and my wife was seemingly on good acid (or at least she must have been on something to have supported the purchase) -  and better still Mansons in Exeter had a used Streamer Stage 1 and a LX both in natural (preference). So after engineering the trip to Exeter rather than another fricken National Trust jaunt i plugged the yummies in, also tired a Manson bass too whilst the wife and little ones went off shopping. The LX as expected had a lot more growl, dare I say harsh compared to the S1. I decided right away a no on the Mansons bass...nice but pricey and the tone sounded a bit thin to my ears. Then I tried the Streamer S1 and I was really taken by the versatility of tone on tap, further still it felt astonishingly lovely to play and was a nice weight too, not really owned many neck throughs before either. Both the LX and S1 were nice but the S1 was the clear winner to my ears ....so I text the wife to tell her 'I love her'. 

I have not researched the build year yet but if feels probably mid 00's or later. Played for the last 3 hours and I'm kicking myself why have i never played one of these beauts before...right now I love it.....of course it could be the honeymoon period...but it is good, very good...in fact I'll end this NBD here....

fullsizeoutput_1d80.thumb.jpeg.74770b3b1da07b57ed57d964c914f43e.jpegfullsizeoutput_1d7e.thumb.jpeg.06a521ea8eab5f24d5cff6e1cc180869.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EddHytheTown said:

Natural with the neck through is stunning. 

How's the neck profile on the S1? 

Cheers. The neck is quite nice, chunky around the 12th if i'm picky but overall pretty shallow. Not sure on sizes but the nut end looks just slightly bigger than a jazz but as i say shallow depth. According to a Warwick serial dater, and to my surprise, it says it was born in Dec 2017...newer than i thought.

Yup, one of these https://shop.warwick.de/en/Instruments/E+-+Basses/Warwick+Teambuilt/GPS+Streamer/GPS+Streamer+Stage+I/Warwick+Teambuilt+Pro+Series+Streamer+Stage+I+4-String+-+Natural+Transparent+Satin

Edited by Raslee