Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Fumed Oak fingerboards

dannybuoy

Not in the flesh but they have been an option for a while now.

All about getting around Rosewood CITES.

If I remember Hölger speaking about it correctly it sits between Rosewood and Ebony in how it sounds, I may be wrong though.

Thumbs up to Sandberg though, a truly great company

Looks great, hopefully manufacturers will start using more adventurous fingerboard woods with the issue surrounding rosewood, the fixation on rosewood/maple (or ebony if you're posh) is a bit boring. Some of the nicest fretboards I've used have been wenge, pau ferro and ebanol and they all looked great too.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 1

I’ve had the old sandberg gig bag semi hard case, and also seems mayes new one.

Nig old pockets too, typically well designed German stuff, as you would expect from Sandberg which is bloody brilliant, and I am very biased, but it’s still true!

Have you tried contacting Sandberg to see if they have a colour standard for it?  The one in the pic I posted looks quite like the lighter colour.  I think the bass was at NAMM last year

Looking at the pics of basses above, it looks like the fumed oak could be anywhere between both.  The first pic looks like your top pic & the last one looks the same as the lower pic.
The other one (not my post, that's ebony) looks like it's in between.

• 1 month later...

not sure, but in practice it is probably still there having heard Hölger speak about it.

Last approximate count there would be something like 30,000 different options available, they may still happen, but the website may either not reflect or be under transition and not keep unto date with chops and changes.