Why become a member? ×

Overwater Original Series five-string (2015) (PRICE SLASHED!!!)
£2350

Kees_SoS

Priced now slashed to GBP 1650!!!

No trades.

I’ve decided to part with my Overwater Original Series five-string, as it’s currently not getting much use. The bass was custom built for me in 2015 and has only been used in the studio, so there’s literally not a scratch on it!

Specs:

• Maple/ebony neck
  • Rosewood fretboard
  • Flamed maple top
  • Mahogany back; 17mm string spacing at bridge
  • 34”scale
  • Overwater humbucking pickups
  • John East modular active circuit with trim pots for bass and treble, dual concentric mid sweep, volume, and pickup pan
  • Gotoh tuners
  • Hipshot Bass Xtender.

The bass possesses a wide variety of sounds and plays and balances extremely well. It served me extremely well in the studio last year, where I used it to record an album’s worth of tracks.

‘So why are you selling it?’, I hear you ask! Well, I’ve found that a 33” inch scale is easier on my tendons, which were badly damaged by typing-induced RSI a few years ago.

The bass comes in a pristine Hiscox teardrop case with a certificate of authenticity from Overwater founder Chris May.

I’m looking for GBP 2350.00 (EUR 2685.00), but I’m open to serious offers.

I'm based in Amsterdam, but my parents travel over from England regularly, so they could bring the bass back with them if need be.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

18766003_10154489469471073_2319037602568223892_n.jpg

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5507.JPG

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

Edited by Kees_SoS
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nice!... this is the only other OW Original/Artisan I've seen with the 'Progress' headstock. My 4-string (photos below) was also originally black but not translucent enough to reveal the outstanding wood/grain; so had Gerald (Marleaux) / Tilman (Antons) refinish it in their aqua-blue/satin; no idea where it is now........ :-

OW46.JPG

OW43.JPG

OW42.JPG

OW41.JPG

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure I played your bass in 2001 when it was still hanging in the Overwater workshop. I loved it and played it all day, and always wondered where it had ended up.

i once saw a translucent red Original Series four-string with identical specs to yours on eBay, incl. the Progress headstock, but your bass was the inspiration for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...