Why become a member? ×

Strange Bass Guitar

DaveAlex_ZAR

Picked up a Emex Romaxe on e-bay for a bargain, just liked the look of it, doesnt sound bad, neck straight and holds tune well.

Have just never heard of the make and Google tends to draw a blank, and was interested if anyone has. Can post a pic if someone wants to see it.

Has a bottle opener on the head (and it works well)

Cheers

DA  

I think that any guitar that has the potential to assist in getting you hammered, while your hammering the strings is worth having.

I have no idea how much it is worth and you have a better chance of buying chicken teeth on e-bay than finding any info on it. I bought it because it was just weird, and Its going nowhere now, teaching my kid to play and he has sparkles in the eyes for it.

Edited by DaveAlex_ZAR

• 1 year later...
On 10/05/2018 at 15:28, DaveAlex_ZAR said:

Picked up a Emex Romaxe on e-bay for a bargain, just liked the look of it, doesnt sound bad, neck straight and holds tune well.

Have just never heard of the make and Google tends to draw a blank, and was interested if anyone has. Can post a pic if someone wants to see it.

Has a bottle opener on the head (and it works well)

Cheers

DA  

I have a Romaxe bass in turquoise which I would like to sell. I bought it over 20 years ago. I can post photos if anyone's interested. I very rarely play it now that I've got a Fender Jazz, which has the 'grunt and grind' tone which I like better. I always thought the 'bottle opener' is in fact for hanging the bass on a storage peg, nothing to do with bottles! Maybe I'm wrong. I'm in Newton Abbot, Devon, UK.

16 hours ago, Duncan Hutchinson said:

I have a Romaxe bass in turquoise which I would like to sell. I bought it over 20 years ago. I can post photos if anyone's interested. I very rarely play it now that I've got a Fender Jazz, which has the 'grunt and grind' tone which I like better. I always thought the 'bottle opener' is in fact for hanging the bass on a storage peg, nothing to do with bottles! Maybe I'm wrong. I'm in Newton Abbot, Devon, UK.

Hi Duncan, welcome to BC! Do please introduce yourself in the forum when you get a second.

We do have a marketplace here, there's a fee of £7 for a single item of £20 for the year. If you think you might stick around then it's the best place I've found to buy and sell bass guitar stuff.