Why become a member? ×

Lurker signed up - hello from Worcestershire

Luckystrike

Hi all, I'm Dom. I've browsed through here over the years chasing threads and opinions on gear etc. so figured it was about time to sign up and say hello!

I've been playing bass for 15 years, which I now realise is half my life. In that time I've been in a pop rock 3 piece and a pub rock covers band, helped a friend record some stoner rock original material and regularly played at a jam session in Missouri while working in the States. Currently I'm in 2 originals bands, one fightstar-esque prog metal and a hard rock 4-piece - both of these play with low and varied tuning which has shifted me out of my 4 string EADG comfort zone somewhat.

I suffer fairly bad GAS and like odd things, so have a range of kit:

Stagg BC300 (bass #1, a 15th birthday present that started it all)

Dean Edge 4 (the same colour as a car I wrote off so bought to cheer myself up)

Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV (flatwounds)

Musicman Sterling Ray 34ca

Tanglewood Nevada P copy (drop C)

Devil&Sons Shattercaster prototype#1 (P bass with resin-set broken mirror)

Hohner HGV-B flying V bass (Dave Mustaine style - if anyone has any more info about this please let me know, I can't find another!)

Peavey Grind 5

Amp-wise I've got an Ashdown MAG-C410T 4x10 200W combo, and effects-wise I'm running into a digitech bass whammy, then looping a Tech 21 SansAmp bass fly rig, EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi and a wooly mammoth clone through a Boss noise suppressor. Previously all of my effects were handled by a Line 6 POD XT Live which was great for the range of tones needed in the cover band but wasn't giving me what I wanted for original tone.

I'm on the hunt for a decent head in the near future for recording and on-stage monitoring purposes, and I'm continuing to refine the pedal board on the never-ending quest for tone - darkglass temptation is hard to fend off!

That's enough waffling from me anyway. Looking forward to contributing to a great forum.

• Like 1