Why become a member? ×

SOLD DPA d:screet instrument mic kit IMK-SC4061 £275
£275

• 2 weeks later...

It uses a nine volt stomp type battery, in a little box which, I think , also contains the preamp. I’ve never needed to use any other power supply.

mine is an earlier model, doesn’t have that thing in the pix that looks like a car charger.

you could call Sound Network, they’ll tell you all you need to know.

8 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Does this need phantom power?

Hi, yes it does, although it doesn't have to be the full 48v - I've been running it off 18v from a Headway EDB2. The DPA website site quotes 5v-50v (via the supplied XLR adaptor that comes with the kit).

1 minute ago, songofthewind said:

It uses a nine volt stomp type battery, in a little box which, I think , also contains the preamp. I’ve never needed to use any other power supply.

mine is an earlier model, doesn’t have that thing in the pix that looks like a car charger.

you could call Sound Network, they’ll tell you all you need to know.

Sorry, but there is no battery box or preamp included with this kit - I think you must have a different model.

Yeah, I see that? The actual lavalier mike is the same, but they’ve improved the connectivity a lot in your version. 

I use mine to record acoustic guitar, and I find it excellent.

my mate, who runs Sound Network, has sold hundreds of these to stage shows, musicals, and Formula 1, because they are so robust.

• Thanks 1

• Josh locked this topic