Why become a member? ×

Bassix folding double bass updated vid and pics """SOLD""""
£650

Bassix folding upright bass in good working order, has a few battle scars and a rattle which don't affect playability. Sturdy and sounds good through an amp with the included pickup. More images of marks to follow when I pull it from storage at a relatives house, it just isn't getting used at the moment.

41.25 inches scale length, ebony fingerboard, pickup is a a Hurley from http://www.hurleypickups.com/

UPDATE, Ok I've finally pulled it from storage at my grandparents house and quickly filmed a vid while I was there, It's still there as I don't have space at home for it but I can collect it no problem if anybody wants to try it. New vid and pics below

Accepting £550

Bass'd in Chorley Lancashire

video here

https://www.facebook.com/PaulRLBass/videos/1248627765263542/

piccies ( more to follow soon)

bassix 1.jpg

Photo 27-07-2018, 15 39 54.jpg

Photo 27-07-2018, 15 39 57.jpg

Photo 27-07-2018, 15 40 03.jpg

Photo 27-07-2018, 15 40 07.jpg

Edited by sumorabbit
Sold
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprised this hasn't sold.
Don't see too many about, and it looks a nice portable bass, which sounds more DB-like (to my ear) than many other portable DB options

I definitely don't need another bass, and have my own portable DB - but I just wish you were closer, so I could at least give it a whirl, as I've not tried one of these

Have a free bump anyway sumorabbit, and GLWTS :)

Cheers dood. I won't be too upset if it doesn't sell tbh, it's just a space issue at the moment in my new house. I have 3 uprights and a small gaff hence it sitting in storage at the moment. I've not had a single enquiry amazingly! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I just thought i’d Chime in on this....Mr Sumorabbit has been kind enough to allow me to baby sit this lovely upright bass while he has been abroad. (What a bloody legend eh???)

i have always wanted to try double bass, and have tried them a couple of times in music shops and really struggle to mange them physically and been put off. 

This is, even for a complete beginner upright player like me, a complete doodle to handle and sounds great!! If you are in the market for a bass like this, go for it!!!

• 3 weeks later...