Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GVB36-AM (Gerald Veasley 6) - *SOLD*
£550

Woodinblack

Reduced to £500!

Here is my Gerald Veasley 6 string Ibanez, resplendent in amber, primarily because that is the only colour it comes in. But hey, it is a detail.

These are notable for having a really narrow spacing at the bridge of 14mm, which is great, but sadly for me, the neck doesn't taper as much as I would like so the neck is too big for my girly and delicate hands. I have only had a few months, but I am just not playing it, so it has to go.  

Played a gig with it last night, and the sound is great, has a real bite to it and quite a variation between the pickups 

Stats are as stock

• neck type GVB 3pc Maple neck
  • body Flamed Maple top/Alder body
  • fretboard Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
  • fret Medium frets
  • number of frets 24
  • bridge Mono-rail IV bridge (14mm string spacing)
  • neck pu Bartolini® MK1 neck pu (Passive)
  • bridge pu Bartolini® MK1 bridge pu (Passive)
  • equaliser EQB-IIISP 3 band eq w/Mid frequency selector (push/pull)
  • hardware color Cosmo black

Note the pull switch on the middle, I didn't realise that until a bit later!

Has a few minor scratches on it, nothing that really shows as it has quite a flame, but it does have a big ding out of the headstock, even bigger than the rest of my basses, and I didn't do this one, it was how it was when I got it.

Will ship if you want, will take paypal or bank transfer or meet up within a reasonable distance of the somerset dorset border.

Idealy looking for money as there is something I would like, but still interested in trades for 5 string basses with string spacing of 17mm or less, especially the better yamahas or spectors. Would love a shuker and happy to add money for the right trade.

Not interested in 6s, not really interested in 4s unless it is something really special.

P1060127.thumb.jpg.eb6f78dca65aed6fdfc78dd9db0c0863.jpgP1060128.thumb.jpg.9ace2651befdf4842657b80024f92aa6.jpgP1060129.thumb.jpg.76ce6f34cd92fe7fe01b1c04d21148cb.jpgP1060133.thumb.jpg.50bb23a7d5821ba66a497dbbe705e974.jpg

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has narrow string spacing at the bridge end which is perfect for that, although it does have quite a wide neck as it is a 6, so that offsets it a bit!

I didn't realise until I gigged it how much I relied on the top string to work out where I was.

No, it is a 6 string width that doesn't get wider when it gets to the bridge , or at least a 6 string ibanez width, 5 string ibanezes are generally thinner than that.

Obviously there are 6 strings that are much wider, I assume the BTBs are. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...