Why become a member? ×

Blake gigbags?

There seems to be a few sellers on eBay clearing these gigbags out at crazy prices, cheapest here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blake-Bravo-bass-guitar-case-New/253605991627?hash=item3b0c1854cb:g:6RQAAOSwgAJa50x2

Ordered one myself so will know what it's like shortly but does anybody have experience of them? From what I can gather they were a UK company supplying high quality gigbags but they seem to have gone out of business hence the sudden influx of bargains on eBay. Looks like a great quality gigbag with features and build quality you don't see on a £30 bag.

No affiliation just saw something cheap and thought I'd share, don't blame me if it falls apart!

• Like 2

If you're looking for an inexpensive good quality gig bag you could do worse than buy one of these. I've bought three and used them to ship basses and guitars. The guitar version is ideal for headless basses.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-BASS-GUITAR-FOAM-PADDED-CARRY-CASE-GIG-BAG-SHOULDER-STRAPS/371661314918?hash=item5688bd9b66:m:mqRp5rOH83-7JJvRhDCTrUQ

I noticed those a while ago, look great for a cheap bag but those Blake's look amazing, just a brand I hadn't heard of before. They look more like a premium semi rigid bag than a cheap fabric one which is why I have now bought two. Watch them arrive and be rubbish now!

He keeps listing them singly, don't be surprised if another pops up in an hour or so! There's also another seller listing them at £33 with best offers available so you may get that for the same price. Apart from that the next cheapest ones were around the £50 mark.

Mine have just arrived, crazy bargains for £30!

Loads of plush padding, protected area going down the length of the strings/headstock, seam running the length of the zip to keep water out, great quality fittings and feels very rigid. Not as good as the Gator Pro Go I use (the expensive one) but not too far off and nothing can touch these for the silly price they're going for. All straps and handles feel built to last and there's some handy storage options on the straps and on the back behind the headstock as well as a velcro neck block. Glad I bought two and not just the one!

IMG_20180509_131114.jpg

IMG_20180509_131126.jpg

IMG_20180509_131030.jpg

IMG_20180509_131041.jpg

Only complaint is that it's a little big compared to the Gator, it looks like it will fit big bodied basses though, the max length seems to be 120cm and the max internal body width is around 40cm if that helps.

I've found more at £29.99 and decided to get one for my Stingray

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blake-Bravo-bass-guitar-case-New/253609036586?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Still 5 left when I posted this - the seller has it at BIN or best offer but says that the best offer was a mistake but £30 is still cheap for what seems a decent gig bag

Thanks yet again lemmywinks, mine arrived at my local Argos, Click and Collect, no postage fees, no buggering about for less than 30 quid ! 

Ordered on Monday    here today Thursday.   It is a top quality gig bag and has more pockets than a shoplifters/gamekeepers coat.

My lovely new Chowny CHB-1 fits in this case with room to spare

• Like 1

They're back but now £45...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Blake-Bravo-Bass-Guitar-Case-Brand-New-Semi-Hard-case-not-a-bag/292539397200?hash=item441cb4f450:g:4K8AAOSwnoVa4hBZ

You have created your own "supply & demand" marketplace - when the demand is high, prices go up...

For those who got them for £30, looks like "the early bird caught the worm"...

Edited by TheGreek