Why become a member? ×

Bass finishes and sunlight

Jimryan

Afternoon all,

Back in December I got myself a Dingwall.  It was sold as candy purple (black cherry according to Dingwall) and since getting it, it’s always appeared to be black or purple depending on light.  

Well with the lovely weather we’re having, I’m sat in the garden and decided to polish my basses.  Did my Precision first and nearly blinded myself with an oly white finish in strong sunlight.  Popped back indoors to get the Dingwall and the minute I stepped outside it was a different bass altogether.  Anyone else’s bass completely change colour in strong sunlight?

First photo is my bass the day I got it/the way it looks most days, compared to the second two which was taken about 30 minutes ago.

F520AA3C-38A7-429D-B453-0525D6D1FF3D.jpeg

A795D45E-1F4E-4447-9D65-A844643EE629.jpeg

1339DE8B-8DEF-45E3-A3FF-A9A64DE84A95.jpeg

22 hours ago, Jimryan said:

Afternoon all,

Back in December I got myself a Dingwall.  It was sold as candy purple (black cherry according to Dingwall) and since getting it, it’s always appeared to be black or purple depending on light.  

Well with the lovely weather we’re having, I’m sat in the garden and decided to polish my basses.  Did my Precision first and nearly blinded myself with an oly white finish in strong sunlight.  Popped back indoors to get the Dingwall and the minute I stepped outside it was a different bass altogether.  Anyone else’s bass completely change colour in strong sunlight?

First photo is my bass the day I got it/the way it looks most days, compared to the second two which was taken about 30 minutes ago.

F520AA3C-38A7-429D-B453-0525D6D1FF3D.jpeg

A795D45E-1F4E-4447-9D65-A844643EE629.jpeg

1339DE8B-8DEF-45E3-A3FF-A9A64DE84A95.jpeg

Beautiful colour.