Why become a member? ×

Sold - Bass Collection Nanyo SB 335 - Now £260!
£325

Philly

Looking to sell or ideally trade for a precision.  A nice lightweight bass, great looker and player with a great tone to match.  Its the first 5 string i have actually managed to get to grips with and feel comfortable on, but i'm enjoying 4 string too much at the moment and desperate for a precision.

Active/passive switch, 2 band EQ, volume and and pickup pan. Gotoh hardware. Generally good condition little bit of tarnishing on the hardware and some chips on body and headstock but nothing major.

When new around 2000 it was a high end bass. Muse fans will know that Chris Wolstenholme used the 4 string BC. 

Bought from Pinball off this parish i have borrowed a few photos (hope you dont mind!), but will take some more when possible. It doesnt have a case just gig bag. 

images.jpeg

images (2).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Philly
Update add to sold
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pinball said:

I have a soft spot for this one, plays and sounds great. Looks pretty good too. Nothing out there better for the money IMHO. GLWTS

Thanks it is a great bass for the money i just have gas for a precision! 

Fortunately I have too many of these already!

Nice to see The Bass Centre trying to sell something similar for what should be the correct price.....

http://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection-speakeasy/bass-collection-sb325-see-through-green.html

However the market hasn't caught up with their way of thinking yet, so top bass bargain's to be had (such as this) in the meantime!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some info from a guitar builder about the body wood (just an FYI);-

Botanical name: Acanthopanax ricinifolius also called SEN or SEN ASH is a high quality tonewood native to Japan and south western China, most recognized on Japanese-made Fenders and Tokai guitars. Although it’s trade name includes the word “ash” it is not related to real ash other than by visual resemblance. It is used for guitar bodies. Its tonal qualities are similar to that of alder hence the commonly used quick description “looks like ash, sounds like alder.” It has a bright, and even cutting midrange tone, good bass, and excellent sustain. Like genuine ash, it is a good choice for natural finishes and can be particularly outstanding in appearance. It is quite expensive and very unusual to see on factory-made guitars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, briansbrew said:

Hi Philly

Which photo reflects the true colour, both are great anyway by the way. 

Depends what light it is in as to how deep a green it looks, probably the close shot of the front of the body

On 10/05/2018 at 18:25, TheGreek said:

Fans of BC Nanyos will also note that Tony Gadd from Aswad also uses these, so you can rely on getting lots of Bass.

I thought he used a ‘Tune’ bass from memory...I could be wrong though :) 

4 hours ago, Raslee said:

Could I get the string spacing and weight please? Thanks

String spacing looks to be 18mm and weight is 4kg on the cheap bathroom scales

38 minutes ago, JWes said:

Is this regular 34" scale?

Yes this is 34”

• 2 weeks later...

Just been noodling on my three. The 315 is great (lovely neck), but both the 321 & 335 are a definite step up in terms of quality of components & sound. The build quality is equally high on all of them.

Appreciate the aesthetics might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for £299 you really can't go wrong here. I honestly don't think you'd get a better bass for that money!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wilco said:

Just been noodling on my three. The 315 is great (lovely neck), but both the 321 & 335 are a definite step up in terms of quality of components & sound. The build quality is equally high on all of them.

Appreciate the aesthetics might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for £299 you really can't go wrong here. I honestly don't think you'd get a better bass for that money!

Thanks Wilco! 

Have to agree. If it doesn't suit a bands "looks" it's more than worth keeping in a studio. Great build quality, lovely to play, tonal pallet to suit any genre, 5 string range.... 

These and older Trace gear are silly bargains these days. 

GLWTS

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Have to agree. If it doesn't suit a bands "looks" it's more than worth keeping in a studio. Great build quality, lovely to play, tonal pallet to suit any genre, 5 string range.... 

These and older Trace gear are silly bargains these days. 

GLWTS

...and make a great combination if you're into that fat 80s funky tone.