Hooch

SOLD P/J Navigator - 1980s
£930

I'm selling my 80s Navigator P/J, overall good condition hence its 30 years. Genuine LPB colour has nicely faded in OTM. Parchment pickguard - not that white in the flesh. 

As for specs:

Gotoh GB-2 tuners

P/J pickups set

Veneer rosewood fingerboard

One-piece (it seems) Sen body

Medium-jumbo frets

8.8 lbs / 4 kg

Everything is genuine and in good working condition. Trussrod's a bit stiff but is working well, with neck straight & low action. Currently strung with 45-105 fresh Rotosounds. 

A real joy to play with a C shaped neck, slightly narrower than old Precisions (42mm/1,65 inches width). Sounds just like a serious P should, with the added flexibility of the J. Many tones in this one.

Comes with it's genuine leather-like gigbag.1050 euros / £930 shipped to your door in European countries.

Price dropped £740 / 850 euros now, shipped to your door.

20180415_113312.jpg

20180415_143352.jpg

20180415_143203.jpg

20180415_143313.jpg

20180415_113211.jpg

20180415_143226.jpg

20180415_113338.jpg

Edited by Hooch
  • Like 2

Nice!  I did not know they were making PJ's, but it is a very interesting plus for an instrument of this caliber.

Thanks, it's working well indeed. I dig its P thump, but the J is pretty useful for a tighter growl. 

As for Navigator PJs, you can download there some ESP catalogs: http://www.guitarscollector.com/esp-catalogs.html

If you pick the 1983 ESP Export one, you'll find on page 9 a LPB PJ-120 which looks pretty similar to my bass. 

Edited by Hooch

Thank you, these are great instruments indeed ! 

£880 / 1000 euros price drop bump.

I did not intend to sound suspicious, but only refering to my own ignorance. I already own an ESP/Seymour-Duncan PB bought from Hooch that is absolutely killer.

Edited by totorbass

No worry, i didn't understand your post like this. Sorry if my quite-basic English sounds like i'd have misread it !

Btw, it was an interesting point. There were Navigator P/Js like mine in 1983. I first thought it was a custom order.

Edited by Hooch

950 euros, shipped to your door in Europe. I'm not in the best position to say it really is a bargain, but seems like it's already done :-) 

It's a great P, and a great P/J too.