Why become a member? ×

Sold - Bravewood Jaco Replica Jazz Bass
£1350

Burns-bass

Here for sale is my 1962 Bravewood Jaco Bass clone.

It's a roadwork replica of one of the world's most famous basses, and Bravewood have done a fantastic job. I took this in trade against my genuine pre-CBS jazz and the neck is a really similar feel.

The nitro finish feel genuinely like an old one, and the wear actually seems pretty accurate too.

The bass has an ebony fingerboard, period-style reverse tuners and custom wound Pre-Cbs Bare knuckles pickups. The bass, and the hardware, and the next are purposefully distressed. Back of the neck finish is worn too, as you'd expect. Sound is 100% pure Jaco tone if you like that sort of thing, and if not, it's just a brilliant fretless.

Like all Bravewood guitars it's a handmade instrument, built to the highest standards and feels (to me at least) as equivalent to, and in some respects superior than, the Fender reissues. Like all Bravewoods this has the period correct Fender logo, and nothing else. I know some people don't like this, but I respect Bravewood for what they're doing, and class this as a tribute rather than a fake. 

Price is £1350 collected from sunny (today, at least) Bristol. 

Trades are anything with a Fender logo on it. I don't want or need anything else.

There is no case, although I do have a professional flight case I would consider selling with the bass. It's too heavy for me to send in the flight case.

It was purchased by its previous owner here (I believe the correct listing is below...) 

)

IMG_5443.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

IMG_5447.JPG

IMG_5448.JPG

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 1

John has restored a couple of early sixties Fenders for me and I really can't fault his workmanship and attention to detail. Theses Bravewood basses are such good value imo 👍

Bravewoods are the best out there. I have tried Nash, Fender Custom Shop, Limelight etc and these may as well be genuine, they’re so good. I have two Bravewoods, and he also did restorations in my 61 and 64Ps. They’re incredible. 

5 hours ago, therealting said:

Bravewoods are the best out there. I have tried Nash, Fender Custom Shop, Limelight etc and these may as well be genuine, they’re so good. I have two Bravewoods, and he also did restorations in my 61 and 64Ps. They’re incredible. 

You're a man who knows fine instruments, Jay!

• Haha 1