Why become a member? ×

SOLD: PLEASE REMOVE: Fender Jazz Bass, Burgundy Mist
£650

So, here is a Mexican Fender Jazz, I'm not sure of the model, or year, probably not important. I bought this a couple of years ago to relic, as I always wanted a '64 Burgundy Mist Jazz with matching headstock, but Guy seems to have the only one, so this was the next best thing.

Edit: Since listing, I have been advised this is a Factory Special Run (FSR), very few in the UK, 60's Classic Series reissue, Limited Edition (Oh, and apparently listed too cheaply!), this range spurned the Roadworn series that came after, apparently.

I didn't like others that I'd seen, like Limelight, because the burgundy mist colour was completely wrong.

Its stock, except for the addition of some Seymour Duncan (So i was told) pickups (Unsure of the model, so attached a pic), replaced before my ownership, and a mint green guard. There is also the original white guard, so you can take your pick, its pictured with the mint green.

Virtually unmarked, previous owner tried to remove the Mexican decal from the back of the headstock, leaving a small mark, didn't bother me, and the lamination is lifting slightly on the front of headstock, as is often seen, see pics, again, not an issue for me.

These are getting hard to find now, it took me a long while.

No case, so initially cash on collection only, if it doesn't shift then I may consider putting in a non-Fender tweed case and shipping, but not for the next few weeks, sorry about that, but don't have the time.

Fender Jazz

Amber aged neck (See pic of tuner removed), with slab rosewood board

Metallic Burgundy Mist custom colour with matching headstock

Threaded saddles

Reverse, vintage tuners

Mint green guard

Seymour Duncan pickups

Not sure what else to say, pics below

Reason for selling: Too many basses, and another Project build on the go, and something has to give. 

Collection from Northampton, so pretty accessible to many places. 

Thanks

Edited by Rick's Fine '52
added picture, added information
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...