Why become a member? ×

Possible ebay fraud coming my way.....?

Beedster

It’s quite scary really the lengths people will go to scamming you.

Did the person who did the buying here use a normal PayPal payment funded by a debit or credit card? If they did then surely they could get their money back from the bank. I bought something from eBay once that never got sent, NatWest refunded me in a few days, I just had to send them screenshots of the emails and eBay screens as proof.

8 minutes ago, ambient said:

It’s quite scary really the lengths people will go to scamming you.

Did the person who did the buying here use a normal PayPal payment funded by a debit or credit card? If they did then surely they could get their money back from the bank. I bought something from eBay once that never got sent, NatWest refunded me in a few days, I just had to send them screenshots of the emails and eBay screens as proof.

I refunded him as soon as I cancelled the deal, but he is, I guess, one of those obsessives who rather than realising that he wasn't going to get a quick £600 profit, decided that he was going to try to bully me into the deal again. He told me "eBay have told me that my next step is to contact the Police and report you for theft". Um, theft of what, I have my bass, you have your money? I think in his head I owed him the £600 quid uplift he thought he as going to make on the bass (funnily enough the guy who eventually bought it from me saw the other listing, and then when he saw mine, initially thought I was a scammer. He in fact very nearly bought it from the idiot, but contacted me just to be sure). 

I'm not sure I understand any of this any more so I'm guessing no-one else has got a clue! 

I bought an item through a Chinese site, using my bank card, as Paypal was not offered. This was in October of last year. No delivery, nor contact since accepting the order (and, of course, taking the money...). My bank, Credit Agricole, have still not decided to reimburse the princely sum of 25€. I don't think they're ever going to, now, the sods. :(

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

My bank, Credit Agricole, have still not decided to reimburse the princely sum of 25€. I don't think they're ever going to, now, the sods. :(

Same bank here, my daughter had similar and was refunded and then had the refund withdran because the bank's insurance company for these things decided it was her fault because she'd provided her details to the company. Our nice adviser gave it all back again and a bit more for her trouble but that part is another story.😊

• Like 1

This is, amazingly, still rumbling on, so I checked the guy's feedback leaving habits. Interesting that a lot of people appear to cancel deals with him, and then he leaves aggressively negative feedback. Bit remiss of eBay not to recognise that there are guys out there who create problems in a significant percentage of deals, but that even given this, eBay still appear to believe and side with the problem people, and against all the evidence they have in heir message system?  

image.thumb.png.fd2b6d0df46d6a3bceef335f678dd2b7.png

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Trouble is, although you can avoid sellers with back feedback, you can’t choose who your buyers are.

That's it 100%. People get punished by eBay for being bad sellers, but never for being bad buyers. This guy is just that, doesn't stick to the stated terms, tries to push his angle on the deal, gets really arsey and aggressive with sellers if he doesn't get his own way, eventually forcing them to concede or back out of the deal. In the latter case he leaves really negative feedback. He appears to do this for a significant percentage of his deals; if you factor in the feedback I had removed last week, it means that in the last month alone 80% of the feedback he left for others was negative, and it is no doubt way more than shown in his profile as most sellers would have eventually managed to get the feedback removed). He's a bully but eBay support him and no doubt many more. 

Edited by Beedster