Why become a member? ×

Pickguard needed to replace bodge job

uk_lefty

I know there are various pickguard threads but what I need is quite specific...

I need a replacement fender jazz pickguard. For a lefty MIM. No big deal? Well yes, it's an early 90's MIM so a generic replacement doesn't quite fit. The bass is currently wearing a generic replacement but I had to file out the pickup hole to fit the pickups better so the current pickguard is a bodge job.

I need to find someone who I can ideally post this pickguard to so they can see the dimensions, location of screw holes and the size of the pickup hole required and make me a replacement. 

Can you recommend anyone, ideally UK based so I can post it off to them with confidence they will understand what I want and be able to work quickly?

Thanks

1 hour ago, ead said:

I've used Jacks Instrument Services in Manchester for the occasional oddity.  He's pretty good imho.

+1 for Jack. I've recently had a pickguard done. Post your old one in and wait a week or so. Top bloke to deal with and he keeps you informed... I hate it when you send something off into a postal abyss and you don't even know if the guy's received it or not.