Why become a member? ×

Roger Waters Precision Surprise

AndyTravis

16 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Blimey, 'the other P' was quite the looker, wasn't it?!

The red and gold p/j? I do like my anodised Pickguards, so I’ve just sorted one. Chrome hardware next...black and gold reissues like the one from google above always looked classy to me!

Well, Birthday today and I’ve been eBaying after some beers in the sun. 

As far as I could see, these were the cheapest genuine fender parts for the job - the bridge is like for like as it’s not the vintage spiral bridge on the Waters.

I do have flat top knobs spare at home but they’re not the real deal - I want it to be right. I’ll uncharacteristically keep all the original parts.

The strap buttons will be Gotoh as they’re better than the £12 fender ones in my experience.

Still debating the pickup cover and thumb rest...

8B32C986-9A83-48F3-9FF7-86BF9769B909.jpeg

• Like 1

I feel p*ssed off and petty in equal measure.

I ordered a set of Fender p covers specifically and some Fender p covers arrived but they aren’t the right ones.

The ‘pure vintage’ set have squarer edges and the p pickup cover sits lower and flatter than the regular reissue one which is more curved.

They’re not cheap at £45 ish a set and the website I bought from listed the picture of the flatter cover accordingly...

picture for illustration - I’m narked really.

left was what was ordered and right what arrived.

CEC093F4-B981-4AAF-8C23-A7C3C5D50351.jpeg

Yeah. I know it’s pedantry of the highest order - but I paid more to get the thing I wanted and got the nearest thing but.

some places in the US have pictures of the actual product in their listing so I might order and take the hit on customs charges.

20 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah. I know it’s pedantry of the highest order - but I paid more to get the thing I wanted and got the nearest thing but.

some places in the US have pictures of the actual product in their listing so I might order and take the hit on customs charges.

Probably a warehouse picker thought they just had a new colour pack.

it works the other way too - I ordered one cymbal stand online, but what arrived was one... box of six cymbal stands!

• Haha 2