Why become a member? Ɨ

Need help big time.

It's safe to say I'm a bit musically dumb. I know enough to get by and to usually tell of something is out/off, but usually if it sounds good it is good.

Ā 

So I've wrote a song with the band we are in the process of recording and it's come to my attention it might not be totally all in key.... šŸ˜§.

The verse is in 4/4 and goes a little like.

E...D#...B...A#./B.

So the last bar is two counts of A# and two counts of B.

Now it's just come to my attention that neither Emajor or E minor has all these notes. With major missing D# and minor missing A#.

Do we have to start again ? Haha!Ā 

Whether or not this works depends on what quality each chord in the sequence is - are the notes that you posted just your bass notes or are all of the chords major?

If it's the former, then everything could be fine. If it's the latter, then we might have to amputate...

In that case, it sounds like you're ok as far as everything being in the same key is concerned. You're in the key of B major and implying these chords:

E* Ā Ā  | B/D#Ā Ā  | BĀ Ā  Ā  | F#/A#Ā  B |

Ā 

* If you've got E and F# as the only notes for this chord then you could call it a couple of different things, but it's functioning as an E major chord.

• Like 2