Why become a member? ×

GONE: Acorn Archimedes A410/1 (Upgraded to A440 spec)

As advertised, consisting of base unit, keyboard and mouse. Original CRT monitor has long since bitten the dust. Owned by me since new (mid-late '80s). Can't remember what's on it but there will be some games of the period, plus Impression and Pipedream and possibly some other stuff as well. I have all the original manuals for the machine. I also have original disks and user manuals for most of the software. It worked ok the last time I fired it up a few years ago.

As indicated, this unit was upgraded to A440 spec and fitted with a W.E. 30mHz processor replacing the original 20mHz jobbie. I'm told there's a bit of a market for this type of kit but it's moved house with us several times and I haven't found that market yet. Hopefully someone around here knows more about it than I do...

We're moving house soon so I don't have the time to do any P&P. Collection/handover only please. I live in the Solihull area not far from the A34 Stratford Road but can travel within reason.

Edited by leftybassman392

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony. We're about 15 miles round the M42 from the M5 junction. We go that way from time to time so know the road well. We could go south towards Worcester or north towards Halesowen. Alternatively there's Hopwood services a few miles up the M42. In our Fiesta a fiver would cover fuel pretty well (maybe a tenner for the Worcester area). We have a busy few days ahead but I can be around on Thursday or next Monday. Early Friday or late Sunday are also possible at a pinch.

Since posting I've dug up a bunch of other books and software on 3.5" floppies. You're welcome to everything I can find.

Let me know. Once we move I've promised my wife it will go one way or another. I would love it to go to someone who knows about it, but after carting it around from place to place for around 20 years I will reluctantly take it to the local recycling centre if needs must.

Andy

We're heading over to North Wales on Friday evening and back probably Sunday afternoon. I imagine you'll be going M6/M5. I'll have a look at our travel itinerary to see if there isn't somewhere we can meet up. Message me with some approximate timings and I'll see what I can do.

ETA It would need to be an exchange on the outward journey as I'm doing a track day on Saturday.

Failing that I should be able to talk Mrs. LBM into letting me hold on to it until we arrange an exchange.

Edited by leftybassman392

• MB1 locked this topic