Why become a member? ×

Can't see Fret Markers

Bassmonkey

• 2 months later...

I recently purchased a Rob Allen fretless and the fret lines are really hard to see from the top. Initially I used some Starglow fret-finders from Glotec but they were a bit too clunky and mucky once removed. In the end I purchased some Alphabet Peel off Stickers from Amazon and the 'i' stickers do the job nicely. My luthier says he can extend the top edge of the fret markers to make them more visible but just the thought of a saw being taken to a Rob Allen bass makes me queasy, they are works of art... works of art I've now covered with stickers.

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

If Luminlays are bright enough for you, then that's what you need. Otherwise it's going to have to go off to Sims Custom for the full LED treatment.

I know from experience that anything drawn or stuck on will wear off at the most inconvenient moment.

On 08/05/2018 at 16:33, Bassmonkey said:

Appreciate the advice all. In the end I bought those Glowtech ones. Really easy to apply and work a treat. I bought a keyring UV light to charge em with and they worked great. They feel pretty well stuck on too. problem solved. As for "Why worry about seeing them?......" Why do you think?  

So how are you getting on with them now? How long does a charge from the UV light last? Am considering some Luminlays, but if these are an option, they're a whooooole lot cheaper...

I like em. They’ve done the job and you get loads in the pack. Fixed really well and don’t feel like they’re coming off anytime soon. In terms of how long they last - seems to last thru my gigs so a couple of hours minimum. I bought the little UV key ring and charge em before each gig. Happy days