Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Music Man Pre-EB Sabre bass '79 natural Pricedrop £1.350!!!
£1450

Music Man Sabre Bass '79

Cool old Music Man Sabre, made in 1979. Serial number C003876.

D7VEWqz.jpg

The sounds of this Sabre really kicks donkey, it has a great full agressive sound I really like. Its just awesome through my ebs fafner with eden 210xlt. I find it a much more versatile bass than the stingray. Of course it can sound like a ray (at least to my ears) with only the bridge pickup active, and bass and treble boosted. The neck pickup adds some nice, warmer other sound possibilities.

3k1Xysw.jpg

gC27Upy.jpg

lv0QHfo.jpg

ZhPj2sB.jpg

bC4DNWM.jpg

UXyJ8Op.jpg

9nL342G.jpg

WG4sm2M.jpg

6J8DUHu.jpg

W1CPxjB.jpg

2ARpOux.jpg

dg5zOIc.jpg

P1DvWlr.jpg

KWY5Q6B.jpg

This sabre almost reaches the age of 40 years, so it has its wear from decades of use. Most visible is the buckle wear on the back of the body. Further on there are several smaller damages on several places of the body. Fine lacquer cracking is to be found at sides of most frets. The bridge saddle of the A string had been replaced by a previous owner.

Though I really dig the sounds coming from the sabre, I find it not as comfortable to play as my fenders. The (kinda undeep, 42mm at the nut) neck doesnt feel as it was made for me, cant really explain why...I like the fenders better. Besides that I like a low action (I play with a soft touch), and action on this one doesnt get as low as on my tele or jazz which I play most of the time. So thats why Im thinking about selling it. 

The sabre has gotten a full fret leveling/dressing by a professional luthier earlier this year. 

The sabre weighs about 4.5 kg.

No case or bag is included in the sale. Though it might be possible to buy along a fender case when the bass must be shipped.

Update; ive noted that the truss rod bullet has been worn out. So it needs replacement. These bullets are available through ernie ball customer service.

The bass is fitted with labella flats at the moment.

Pricedrop: £1.450 ----> £1.350

The Music Man is located in the Netherlands. Several shipping options possible at buyers risk  

Sensible (partial) trade offers are considered. Per example; 4 string precision, avri 64 jazz, musicman w/ lacquered neck, early 80s Fender jazz with dot n bound neck, mustang bass, other cool traditional style basses, amps, pedals (compressor), possibly a fender jaguar/mustang type guitar.... 

Or maybe even a cool late 60s fender P or J, combined trade with one of my other basses.

Please do not hestitate to contact me if you have any questions or a specific and realistic partial trade offer. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...