Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 4x10 8ohm 600w **SOLD**
£450

Beedster

Needs no introduction, a phenomenal cab that's only going because I've decided that two Mesa Powerhouse 2x10s works better for me. I've been running this with my SVT and it has so much more of everything that the equivalent Ampeg 4x10, just sounds a lot more alive. As the new 2x10s are on their way, and as I have relatively limited space, the asking price for this cab is low to move it quite quickly (newer version of same cab is almost £1700 at Thomann https://www.thomann.de/gb/mesa_boogie_powerhouse_4x10_mb8ohm.htm) - I really don't want three cabs around the place at present. This cab is heavy but on removable casters which makes life a whole lot easier. Original Mesa cover included but it has seen better days. Photos below are from the original eBay listing, it actually looks better in the flesh. This probably can't be couriered but I'm happy to pack it if you're happy to arrange the process.

Collection from Canterbury preferred, I might be able to meet-up somewhere depending on timings/location

Cheers

Chris

IMG_5435.thumb.JPG.ca8bc9c69478002e4069bb740a3b22cb.JPGIMG_5426.thumb.JPG.22590b1972edbd2ff8c5c8390431e1b6.JPGIMG_5427.thumb.JPG.4b410227bf81f5ffa46ad3d3b911cca3.JPGIMG_5428.thumb.JPG.697665aebbe425faa46c36ab3f15d66a.JPGIMG_5430.thumb.JPG.ca463b8411fe5d44ef165d3e41d78982.JPGIMG_5429.thumb.JPG.60e4d772b2ee27631006bee65f7259bf.JPG

Edited by Beedster

On 4/29/2018 at 21:47, roonjuice said:

I wish this was 4ohm...

Trust me mate, this is one loud cab, I put my old Mesa M-Pulse 360 (rated 360w at 4ohms that is) through it and I can't imagine there's many places where you'd need it much louder. My SVT at about 3/10 through it gets quite painful :)

Edited by Beedster

Am really surprised this is still here..

Great cab, bargain price and Chris is an absolute gentleman to deal..

As many on here would agree I'm sure, Chris is so legendary on Basschat for his buying & selling gear exploits that there should be -  by rights - at least half a dozen blue plaques bearing his name on various Motorway service station walls up and down the country! 😁

GLWTS

10 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Am really surprised this is still here..

Great cab, bargain price and Chris is an absolute gentleman to deal..

As many on here would agree I'm sure, Chris is so legendary on Basschat for his buying & selling gear exploits that there should be -  by rights - at least half a dozen blue plaques bearing his name on various Motorway service station walls up and down the country! 😁

GLWTS

Ha ha, thanks Nik, not sure any of the above is anything I should be proud of, and I suspect the days of having the spare cash to buy gear on a whim are long behind me! 

C

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Ha ha, thanks Nik, not sure any of the above is anything I should be proud of, and I suspect the days of having the spare cash to buy gear on a whim are long behind me! 

C

I know that feeling, Chris, having less spare money and spare time myself these days...

But it's been a blast -  some fab gear acquired, then sold.. and in some cases, re-acquired. You couldn't make it up really ! 😁

Proud of? Maybe not, but a lot of fun and some good friends made along the way..

On 5/1/2018 at 07:28, silverfoxnik said:

I know that feeling, Chris, having less spare money and spare time myself these days...

But it's been a blast -  some fab gear acquired, then sold.. and in some cases, re-acquired. You couldn't make it up really ! 😁

Proud of? Maybe not, but a lot of fun and some good friends made along the way..

Can't argue with any of that Nik, met some great people, played gear I could only dream about as a kid, and in the final analysis, given that when you buy used you'll normally sell for close what you paid, it was probably not all that costly. I do wonder how good my playing could be had I spent all the time I spent looking at gear playing it instead though :)

4 hours ago, jacko said:

I have one of these already and it's loud as f***.  Would quite like a second one but it's too far away and I still have to move my PH212 on.  Good luck with the sale.

Two of these would be something to behold, took me a long time - far too long really - to realise that you get far more bass and air shifting from a 4x10 than you do from a 1x15, despite the fact that the overall cab size often isn't all that different. I must admit I was sorely tempted by your 2x12, same configuration as my old Venture combo which was absolutely lovely :)

If anyone is able to collect this over the coming weekend I'll take £300 for it as I really could use getting it out of the house, which we're trying to sort at present. Price is for collection only and this weekend only or I think it will go into storage.

I've got a Mesa 2x12 PH cab and I think it's just great; I'm guessing a 4x10 is going to be comparably good.

At £300 this is such a bargain - whoever snaps this up is going to have a very happy bank holiday!

GLWTS

On 5/5/2018 at 16:35, Al Krow said:

I've got a Mesa 2x12 PH cab and I think it's just great; I'm guessing a 4x10 is going to be comparably good.

At £300 this is such a bargain - whoever snaps this up is going to have a very happy bank holiday!

GLWTS

Thanks you Sir! Last day at £300 after which I'll probably store it. With apologies I'm not able to pack this for a courier, even if the courier is arranged by a buyer, it's simply too big and too heavy to do so without the appropriate box and packaging, which I don't have. Sorry :(

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Thanks you Sir! Last day at £300 after which I'll probably store it. With apologies I'm not able to pack this for a courier, even if the courier is arranged by a buyer, it's simply too big and too heavy to do so without the appropriate box and packaging, which I don't have. Sorry :(

It's such a good price for a quality cab, that despite totally not needing it, I was very tempted to get it myself and leave it at the studio we rehearse at. However the owner said he would be charging me £130 a year for the privilege of doing so!! Ugh!

2 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Crazy times.

Yep!

Mind you, with it being a very hot bank holiday weekend with busy roads, family commitments etc, maybe it was just not so easy to get together even at such a bargain price?

3 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Yep!

Mind you, with it being a very hot bank holiday weekend with busy roads, family commitments etc, maybe it was just not so easy to get together even at such a bargain price?

Ha ha, not like the old days is it Nik, we were hard men back then prepared to drive for 12 hours in all conditions to pick up a cab. If the car broke down in the relentless heat we'd get out and carry the bloody thing home in one hand, the two basses we'd bought on the same journey in the other. And did we complain? No, we loved it, we just wish we'd bought more and heavier gear!

Guess the reality now is that quality gear is getting so cheap and retail delivery so quick that the big heavy stuff that needs collecting just sits collecting dust. There are some amazing cabs on here and eBay at ridiculous prices, if I was after a 6x10 or 8x10 I'd be in the car right now :)

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Ha ha, not like the old days is it Nik, we were hard men back then prepared to drive for 12 hours in all conditions to pick up a cab. If the car broke down in the relentless heat we'd get out and carry the bloody thing home in one hand, the two basses we'd bought on the same journey in the other. And did we complain? No, we loved it, we just wish we'd bought more and heavier gear!

Guess the reality now is that quality gear is getting so cheap and retail delivery so quick that the big heavy stuff that needs collecting just sits collecting dust. There are some amazing cabs on here and eBay at ridiculous prices, if I was after a 6x10 or 8x10 I'd be in the car right now :)

And you try telling the kids of today that, and they won't believe you! 😁

http://youtu.be/ue7wM0QC5LE

Edited by silverfoxnik

I do need this gone, as the space it needs is a bit of an issue with two new 2x10s also. However I can't afford to take too big a hit on price to get it gone quickly. So, please feel free to offer trades/PX for anything bass/music oriented, but please keep in mind that you will either need to collect or be able to meet within a pretty close distance of Kent/East Sussex/SE London. I'm always interested in studio gear, good hifi equipment, anything with Fender on the headstock, acoustic instruments or possibly a decent quality digital camera. But hit me with other stuff also, you never know..... :) 

Chris