Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Special MIJ - SOLD
£500

dannybuoy

Made in Japan late 80s, these are the basses favoured by Duff from Guns and Roses. Very playable with a Jazz neck and the pickups have fatter polepieces which bump up the output - but they are very bright and growly unlike most overwound pickups. Quite a few battle scars on it, but this just adds to the mojo!

I tried every PJ Wunjos had in stock last summer and this blew them all out of the water. It got a new jack socket, fresh D'Addario nickels and a setup from them, then I realised that I just wanted to use my BB1025X for everything instead and I did need that low B after all, and it has hardly been touched since! Gig bag and courier not included - I may be able to supply one and ship however but I have a few more basses to sell than I have boxes, so send me a PM.  Otherwise come and try before you buy in St Neots, Cambs.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QAz3aDMkqsibsiJn7

aFxByfZyhmRH5Z633Etnn3KH-Odj5bqPuHE5XpRn bTkjBBMlUJ-wMr9WUm9uz8VEDyOqJUR9aCPKo2K_ tzRZgr_1X7Dei82KVG6aPwm_d_Lsxi5okfCRIQDz ElaWLVY9XSq7WmXwGHOtUIlTLJjzjMCGX9HfbJJP dkuQdaaLUXPH3H3Dj73D-kAfKzAtt0jPT7au9CUX XzAu9LnbCTy5tIxgS7v-GNyFXsur0ob7av9_183w 015uE61PKRaxG6vLMISsLBdK-upWtqvnQZIuNL4C

Edited by dannybuoy

Awesome Basses.  I've owned 3 of these over the years.  Rare to see one which still has all of the 'F' logo knobs still present/correct.

If it's all original electrically, it'll also have the TBX tone circuit, which is a great feature.

GLWTS.

It all seems to be original, yes. The tone knob has a center detent, middle position seems like a regular P, then you can dial in extra brightness from there. All (somehow!) done passively with no battery involved!

• Like 1