Why become a member? ×

'Reincarnate' 4 string bass build FINISHED!!

Jimothey

19 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I want to know how it hangs on the strap.  You've got a strap button at about the ninth.

It looks really well the way the grain seems to flow in a way that adds strength to the upper horn.

It's still at work at the mo but when I bring it home I'll try and take a pic of it hanging on a strap, I need to weigh it (it feels lighter than my paulownia Jazz) as the body is only 28mm thick so I thought if I elongate the top horn slightly it might counteract any possible neck dive issues and I thought it looked good....... 😀 

31 minutes ago, Christine said:

That looks awesome :) You have to be a happy bunny?

Thanks still not up to your standard but they are getting better 😁 there's a couple of things that I'm not 100% happy with but I think that you'll always notice bits that makes you think "I could have done that better............"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Thanks still not up to your standard but they are getting better 😁 there's a couple of things that I'm not 100% happy with but I think that you'll always notice bits that makes you think "I could have done that better............"

I love it!

There's always something that bothers you, I'm no different and I'm sure @Andyjr1515 would agree with us too. A guitar isn't like a piece of furniture it's quite complex, precise angles and joins on curves and so on. It takes some work to make one by hand, any fool can turn one out with a CNC or pin router once they get a jig made. I just love hand made things, especially where the marks of the maker are visible somewhere, dovetails with a hint of the gauge marks left for example, you know you have something special when they are there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimothey said:

@SpondonBassed on answer to your question about how it hangs on a strap, for me it hangs perfectly

_20181202_021332.thumb.JPG.46dc4b8577e1fd3820417dde795b762e.JPG

I think if the top horn was shorter it might suffer a bit from neck dive?.......... 

You derrière!! I've just been going up and down the page looking at this and the photo above wondering is it right or left handed

Finally noticed the Tee shirt :laugh1: Is there any hope?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Christine said:

You derrière!! I've just been going up and down the page looking at this and the photo above wondering is it right or left handed

Finally noticed the Tee shirt :laugh1: Is there any hope?

I've flipped the pic so you don't get confused anymore.......... 😁

• Haha 1