Why become a member? ×

5 string headless

scojack

Anybody come across any good priced 5 string headless systems (ie chinese knock off's ).

Can see a few 4 string bridges but nothing for 5 string bridge.

Monorails would be good too.

I can only find branded stuff (ABM) etc for 5 string and they are awfully expensive.

Ta

Ian

Brother wanted small headless travel bass to take on his hols but it has to be a 5 'er, this takes the cost of materials to a new level.  Hard to justify the expense, especially when you can get a reasonable 5 string steinberger copy for a few hundred quid off t'interweb.

Edited by scojack

14 hours ago, lojo said:

Will hope this develops , a 5 sting headless would be one of my dream bases 

You want to decapitate five Gordon Sumners?  I know Message in a Bottle was overplayed at the time of release but don't you think that's a bit harsh?

Heeheehee

The headless five in my siggy file was less than £300 new a couple of years ago.  It was my transition instrument going from fours to fives.

4 hours ago, scojack said:

Brother wanted small headless travel bass to take on his hols but it has to be a 5 'er, this takes the cost of materials to a new level.  Hard to justify the expense, especially when you can get a reasonable 5 string steinberger copy for a few hundred quid off t'interweb.

Genuine entry level Steinies aren't that expensive.  That's what's in my siggy file image alongside a Hohner copy of the original Steiny paddle bass.

Edited by SpondonBassed

Usually is Owen's fault .........he's just likes a nice bit of good Wood :) !

Anyhooz i'm completely off this idea due to the overpricing of the hardware.

Still want to do something different so mibbies do a single cutaway 5 string instead (If i can get a design i'm happy with ...most SC's are fuglybassas ..imho)

Ian

12 minutes ago, scojack said:

Usually is Owen's fault .........he's just likes a nice bit of good Wood :) !

Anyhooz i'm completely off this idea due to the overpricing of the hardware.

Still want to do something different so mibbies do a single cutaway 5 string instead (If i can get a design i'm happy with ...most SC's are fuglybassas ..imho)

Ian

You mean... I opened my macintosh to you for nowt?

Sorry, I just can't get a stiffie for a single cut.  Good luck with it anyway.

On a thread not far from here there was mention of a Wishbass.  A few of us have already looked up the brand and wished we hadn't.