Why become a member? ×

New ABBA songs

rubis

18 minutes ago, rubis said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/27/abba-announce-first-new-songs-for-35-years

WOW!

How sad though, that it probably won’t fearure the late great Rutger Gunnarson

The Smiths next?

Great as he was I'm not sure how he could contribute to a new recording O.o

Edited by Delberthot

3 hours ago, JellyKnees said:

Money money money...

Maybe, but (allegedly) they’ve been asked many times over the years to name their own price to get back together, and they’ve refused.  And with the success of the Mamma Mia franchise, and Chess being revived, it’s probably more important for the "A"s rather than for the "B" members........

Edited by Baxlin

More fools them Twigman

5 hours ago, Delberthot said:

Great as he was I'm not sure how he could contribute to a new recording O.o

Had he still been with us, I imagine he could have contributed the perfect bass lines for the new songs, and if I remember correctly, he did quite a bit of string arrangements on the old stuff

2 hours ago, Twigman said:

I've been campaigning to my band for years to do a cover of SOS which I believe is quite simply the best pop song ever written.

They're not buying it.

I’m with you, but for me it’s Dancing Queen. Absolute solid gold genius.

18 hours ago, Baxlin said:

Maybe, but (allegedly) they’ve been asked many times over the years to name their own price to get back together, and they’ve refused.  And with the success of the Mamma Mia franchise, and Chess being revived, it’s probably more important for the "A"s rather than for the "B" members........

I I doubt it has anything to do with needing money. For example Frida got 75 million in addition to her own Anna based wealth when her husband von Plauen passed. I think all of them are earning enough from royalities (no pun intended) to not be caring about the money aspect.

On 27/04/2018 at 18:07, Twigman said:

I've been campaigning to my band for years to do a cover of SOS which I believe is quite simply the best pop song ever written.

They're not buying it.

An English Bassist called Mike Watson played on 'SOS' and a few other tracks as well. Arnold Paseiro played Bass on 'Voulez Vous'.

So it wasn't all (the great) Rutger Gunnarsson, although he seemed play on the bulk of the ABBA material.

Interesting read about Gunnarsson and the other Bassists, along with who played on what.

https://philwbass.com/2014/01/02/the-bassists-of-abba/

Edited by lowdown