Why become a member? ×

Toyah Wilcox

Blink

Have any of you seen Toyah on her recent acoustic tour? She is 3 weeks of being 60, she looks amazing and sounds fabulous. All the hits plus some rarities done with 2 acoustic 6 strings and a bass (fretless and double). Musically outstanding which is remarkable because one of the regular guitarists was rushed to hospital earlier in the week to have his appendix removed so a dep was used. Not that you would have known if we hd not been told!!

Toyah is doing some gigs with a full electric band in November and on the strength of last night I have booked my tickets. I recommend you do the same.

N

PS I have no connection to Toyah or members of the band.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I once gobbed over Toyah mid-gig at The Rainbow on the 21st February 1981. I am considering making it a double in November.

I think you hit me instead. Always wondered who it was.

We had some pictures taken by Toyah's 'official' photographer at a gig a few years back. Very accommodating (if a little...er...odd), and sent us copies of what he took.

At least that what he called himself....he was very good....he may have well have been her stalker, as I'm not aware that she has an official picture-taker!

1 hour ago, police squad said:

yes. still married to Robert.

Her band are friends of mine. All local to me. Her guitar player that was ill was/is in China Crisis.

She has a great live band and they are playing in a pub, near me, soon. Looking forward to it.

Whereabouts are you (I'm not a stalker, honest). A few years back I was told that Bob n Toyah lived just outside Salisbury in one of the many posh villages. Just a rumour like, never actually saw them in Waitrose or owt (just the drummer from Dodgy, which was good enough for me)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, super al said:

Whereabouts are you (I'm not a stalker, honest). A few years back I was told that Bob n Toyah lived just outside Salisbury in one of the many posh villages. Just a rumour like, never actually saw them in Waitrose or owt (just the drummer from Dodgy, which was good enough for me)

They live in Pershore in Worcestershire, right in the centre of the town.

I still think of that episode in TV's  Shoe-string that sort of broke her into the punk scene, well, Glam Punk. A form of product placement i guess - always fancied her since then.

Just found it on the Tube

But very sad  - Story is about the Bass player who gets thrown off the Pier

Maybe that's why i subliminally took up playing the bass, she was looking for a bass player.

Edited by deepbass5
  • Haha 2