Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×
Blink

Toyah Wilcox

Recommended Posts

Have any of you seen Toyah on her recent acoustic tour? She is 3 weeks of being 60, she looks amazing and sounds fabulous. All the hits plus some rarities done with 2 acoustic 6 strings and a bass (fretless and double). Musically outstanding which is remarkable because one of the regular guitarists was rushed to hospital earlier in the week to have his appendix removed so a dep was used. Not that you would have known if we hd not been told!!

Toyah is doing some gigs with a full electric band in November and on the strength of last night I have booked my tickets. I recommend you do the same.

N

PS I have no connection to Toyah or members of the band.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I once gobbed over Toyah mid-gig at The Rainbow on the 21st February 1981. I am considering making it a double in November.

Edited by Frank Blank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of her, so I looked up a few videos.

I wish I hadn't. ¬¬

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

saw her at the Butlins Alternative Festival last year (calling it a punk festival seems to be one step too far for Butlins) a good show, very professional and put a lot into it, but not really my cup of tea and not punk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Never heard of her, so I looked up a few videos.

I wish I hadn't. ¬¬

Boo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JellyKnees said:

I don't know how she does it....

It's a mystery

or rather 'itth a mythstery'

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I once gobbed over Toyah mid-gig at The Rainbow on the 21st February 1981. I am considering making it a double in November.

I think you hit me instead. Always wondered who it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had some pictures taken by Toyah's 'official' photographer at a gig a few years back. Very accommodating (if a little...er...odd), and sent us copies of what he took.

At least that what he called himself....he was very good....he may have well have been her stalker, as I'm not aware that she has an official picture-taker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is she still married with Robert Fripp ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes. still married to Robert.

Her band are friends of mine. All local to me. Her guitar player that was ill was/is in China Crisis.

She has a great live band and they are playing in a pub, near me, soon. Looking forward to it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GuyR said:

I think you hit me instead. Always wondered who it was.

I watched it arc through the air and hit the target so unless you are Toyah then I’m afraid it was another yob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Never heard of her, so I looked up a few videos.

I wish I hadn't. ¬¬

She was an late 70s 80s icon & in Quadrophenia

Edited by lojo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lojo said:

She was an late 70s 80s icon & in Quadrophenia

And also did some voice work on Teletubbies. Says it all really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, police squad said:

yes. still married to Robert.

Her band are friends of mine. All local to me. Her guitar player that was ill was/is in China Crisis.

She has a great live band and they are playing in a pub, near me, soon. Looking forward to it.

 

Whereabouts are you (I'm not a stalker, honest). A few years back I was told that Bob n Toyah lived just outside Salisbury in one of the many posh villages. Just a rumour like, never actually saw them in Waitrose or owt (just the drummer from Dodgy, which was good enough for me)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

And also did some voice work on Teletubbies. Says it all really.

A good gig id imagine for a singer / actress trying to pay a mortgage 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I watched it arc through the air and hit the target so unless you are Toyah then I’m afraid it was another yob.

My secret is out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JellyKnees said:

Nice boots...

 

 

I've seen this before. She's clearly wasted on Robert Fripp and needs to be comforting me to achieve her full potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, super al said:

Whereabouts are you (I'm not a stalker, honest). A few years back I was told that Bob n Toyah lived just outside Salisbury in one of the many posh villages. Just a rumour like, never actually saw them in Waitrose or owt (just the drummer from Dodgy, which was good enough for me)

They live in Pershore in Worcestershire, right in the centre of the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I still think of that episode in TV's  Shoe-string that sort of broke her into the punk scene, well, Glam Punk. A form of product placement i guess - always fancied her since then.

 

Just found it on the Tube

But very sad  - Story is about the Bass player who gets thrown off the Pier

Maybe that's why i subliminally took up playing the bass, she was looking for a bass player.

Edited by deepbass5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×